• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The unknown

So today after almost 18 months of having stomach issues my husband got back the results of the CT scan I pushed to have done last Thursday. It showed a "mass" at the area where the small intestines and the large intestines meet. The doctor has now ordered a colonscopy for next week. They have no idea. For over 18 months now hes complained of stomach pain. Hes 39, active, exercises regulary (or did up until about 2 months ago) and no other health issues. He under a good bit of stress. 2 months ago he started having htese episodes of fever, night sweats, fatigue, malaise, abdominal pain accompanied by nausea. We even ended up in the ER. He was told he had Lymes disease. Given an antibiotic and appeared to feel a little better. But as soon as he was done with the medicine, sick again. I pushed his gastoeneteroligist to order this CT. And then today, BAM! The results. They dont know what it is but he suspects an inflammatory issue such as Crohns or colon cancer. Either is not good. Im freaked out and so unsure, which one is it. We shall know for sure next Tuesday but that seems so far away!! All his symptoms match with Crohns but who knows. Im here to look for support and some answers. I guess thats my story.:sign0085:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Tracy and welcome :)

Wow, thank goodness you pushed for that CT! Great job! I'm so sorry to hear of the scary results though :( You and your husband must be really scared.

We're here for you. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

*hugs*

Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry your husband has been having health issues and I'm even sorrier about what his test results reveiled :ghug:

If it makes you feel any less stressed, when I was 15, they found a 'mass' on my CT/SBFT & I was immediately scheduled for a scope. At the time we thought it was Crohn's but the rapid weight loss, abdominal pain etc. also matched the description of cancer so my family was very worried. My GI prepared me mentally that I would probably wake up with a stoma. When I woke up from the scope, I had no stoma. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. It turned out, the 'large lobulated mass' was just a heck of a lot of hard poop/bile in a 'pocket' in my Cecum. My Crohn's Disease made an inflamed pocket that collected a lot of poop over time. It was not a mass. :thumright: So, don't get too panicked! You never know. Your husband could have Crohn's like I do. The 'mass' that was found in my CT/SBFT, was in the same exact place as your husband's is. The cecum(where the small and large bowel meet) is notorious for showing 'masses' when there is indeed no mass.

Praying for your husband and you! The sooner the DX, whatever it be, the sooner to start treatment! :kiss:

You both are in my thoughts keep us informed and the sooner he starts treatment the better the outcome which ever way it turns out to be. xx