• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

Just found this forum and I'm looking forward to learning what has worked for other people - especially diet and alternative treatments.
I've had Crohn's for 25 years. Have had numerous courses of prednisone in addition to asacol, pentasa, Imuran, cipro/flagyl, and budesonide at various times. Had partial ileocecal resection 10 years ago. Had been feeling reasonably well on Imuran (I'd get bad symptoms + bleeding every few months which I'd manage by sticking to ensures for a few days) - but last scope showed lots of disease activity. Was started on Remicade in addition to Imuran - felt better than I had felt in years initially - but now (after 6 months) have been feeling worse again. Had dose increase and have started Vancomycin. We'll see if it works.
Good luck to everyone and looking forward to learning from you.

Angrybird

Hello and :welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear that the tum is acting up again, we do have a diet and sups forum that is certainly worth looking at the get info on that that side of things: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17. Do also have a nosy around our Remi sub forum and perhaps check out the club thread so you can have a chat with others who are also on this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58.

I will keep fingers crossed that you can be feeling well again soon.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome! It's great to have you here :)

In addition to what Angrybird said, it seems that two of the diets people have the most success on are the paleo diet and specific carbohydrate diet.

Medical marijuana works for many on the alternative side of things and there has been some positive anecdotes and at least one study regarding the efficacy of low dose naltrexone which is linked under our Treatment section.

Again, welcome to the community :)