• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Life With Chrons

I am new to the forum here and actually found out about it when i was googling about people with chrons and tattoos.My story is that I was diagnosed with Chrons back in January of 2010. I actually spent that last week of December in immense pain and I was really sick. After the new year when I finally got to the dr, he was really surprised that I could even stay awake because I was so dehydrated. When they admitted me to the hospital, it actually took them 6 tries to thread the IV into me. They finally had to get an ER nurse to do it.

End of the story being that I was diagnosed with Chrons and have been dealing with it ever since then. I have to be careful about what I eat and when I eat something that is bad for me I get the feeling like I have to pop my neck and the feeling won't go away. I don't know if that happens to anyone else. But it has taken me a bit to realize that that is what that feeling means. At the moment I am taking both Lialda and Imuran and they seem to be working. But I have gotten to the point if I forget my medicine even one day I just dont feel right and feel run down. So I am trying to make the best of out the situations that I go through and I think that this forum will help me feel like I am not alone. Since most people I talk to have no idea at all of what Chrons is.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. It has certainly helped me when I have a question, or need to express something a non-ibd person doesn't understand. Best of health to you.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for lots of helpful info and support :) Would you say you are symptom free now on your current meds? How often do you now see your GI doc to discuss how things are going? I take it due to the Imuran you are still having bloods taken for monitoring? Do you find that even on days that you have taken your meds you feel a little unwell? Will leave the questions at that for now!

AB
xx

I would say that right now I am pretty symptom free. I mean the only thing I have is the reaction when I eat something that doesn't agree with my Chron's. But I see my GI dr every 6 months and he gets blood taken every 3 months. There are random days that I still feel down when I take my medicine. But for the most part it is just when I don't take it.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Daniella and welcome to the community! I'm glad you found your way here :)

Are planning to get a tattoo and were wondering if it's bad for people with Crohn's?

In case you haven't seen it, we have a subforum dedicated to Imuran support where you can connect with others on it. You'll see people in there mention Azathioprine and 6-MP. Azathioprine is basically the generic and 6-MP is what Imuran turns into in the body so they're your med buddies as well.

It's great to have you here, see you around! :)

Yes I want one, but I wanted to explore and check on everything before I made any decisions. But I am glad that I found my way to the forum either way.