• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Little help, please?

Good Afternoon,

I am writing today and try to find out if there is anyone else out there that has similar problems as me. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2009. I am currently in remission but even when I'm in remission my stomach is always tender to touch. Does anyone else have this same problem even when you are in remission? Any response will be appreciated. Thank you!

If your stomach is still tender to the touch, you might possibly not be in remission anymore :( I know when my tummy would be tender like that it was a sign of inflammation.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I must agree that a tender tum does indicate that something might be going on inside. How often to you see your GI for check ups and when was the last time any type of tests were done to see how things were doing?

AB
xx

Thank you for your replies. That is what I am afraid of, that it might be trying to flare back up :( I go every 3 months when i'm in remission, the last time I had test ran was about a year ago.

Angrybird

When is your next appt with the GI? Are you able to contact them or an IBD nurse to discuss this? Apart from the tenderness is there ANYTHING else you have noticed that is not the norm for you when in remission?

It's not for another month and a half. I am probably going to call them Monday and talked to the nurse and then she can speak with my doctor and see if he wants to come in. I also have severe gastro. reflux and that has been pretty bad lately other than that just a lot of tenderness of the abdomen.

Angrybird

Out of interest how long have you had the tenderness and what meds are you on for your crohns? Also is the tenderness in a specific place or all over your tummy? Definetly get onto the nurse Monday so they can be looking into this for you hun, you shouldn't have to put up with this :hug:

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community :)

I'm sorry to hear of your stomach tenderness :(

Out of curiosity, where specifically in your abdomen is the tenderness? Above the bellybutton? Lower right? Lower left? Etc?

And what medications are you on? And when you have your blood tests done, is anything abnormal?

Again, welcome! :)