• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Discouraged, feelings hurt by Doctor's assoc. who saw me last hospitalization

Due to numerous medical conditions developed pernicious anemia, gastroparesis, which is mala bsorption on prescription vitamins, protpnix, pancrease, amitiza, pepcid, fentanyl transdermal patch, Lortab10 three times day, had adverse reaction to morphine extended release capsule, Relistor injections if colon paralizes and won't function. surgeon put me on that. air in colon swelled up like 9 months pregnant, hospital 10 days cause he said I would die on his table. ulcer diease in stomach and duodenum. GI ordered surgery stat..again 2 surgeons concured to risky to operate. not enough stomach left to perform colostomy due to many biopsies. first malignant polyp ag3 42, Barrets esophogus, gastritis, ibd, ulcerative colitis, chrohns, degenerative disk disease, arthritis richt hip hands ankles, Interstial Nephritis,hypoglycmia,Diabetes 1. sooo,all my teeth had to be extracted. my Doctor wanted me hospitalized overnight cause blood sugar dropped so low I was one step from coma last year. I was admitted after oral surgery in out patient. her associate was on call. came, ordere Dilaudid 4mg and phenerghan push IV. iv infiltrated kept telling nurse I had no pain relief. 4am nurse listened to me..checked. arm all swollen it had been going into my tissues. assoc came nest day pleasant and discharged me.next day i get certified letter she will no longer treat me. in practice with 21 Internist, mine being one and my GI Doc'. Legally now I can see no one at that clinic. I don"t kno why she did this to me. seen MY Doc' there for 7 years. scripts out, no Doc", deep depression and I hurt very bad. Diarhea daily for 3 weeks. so wearing those disposable panties. oh, o0cciptucal neuralgia also, head hurts bad. significantly advanced osteoposis. last year broken hip, fractured femur (surgery) Doc; said bones like dusting powder, next break was my right arm the humorous cracked in two like an egg shell. oh, peripheal, abnormal gait too and on Aricept, Namenda for altered mental status and can't get false teeth for six months, has to be Prosthoedontist cause of boyched mandibular slide years ago. but I am fortunate, I have a sound heart. advice please!! know need doctor but embarrassed cause doctor dropped me. got hospital records, her notes, floor notes, etc. nothing there that says I did sommething wrong. so why? they ordered picc line at 4am took me down at 12 noon. she dicharged me at 2 I jokingly said my husband and insurance co.. gonna be mad about this 1500.00 picc line that never got used. she said..Well, I did not order it.left and dropped me as patient. I think it was very unkin of her to do this to me. I weigh 80lbs. was 77 worked drinking Ensure to get weight up before oral surgery.my log in looks like big but its "bjg". sure hyope everyone learns wht B12 deficency can do, look at my history. oh, chronic pancreatitis too. had zofran 8mg for nausea, out now.

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi bjg,

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through :( That's absolutely terrible!

I think the first step is getting you a new doctor. Are you anywhere near Mobile? We have one Mobile Alabama doctor another member here thinks very highly of.

Your abnormal gait and some of your other symptoms screams B12 deficiency and a BAD one at that. When was the last time you got a B12 injection? What was your level at last test?

Don't be embarrassed that your doctor dropped you. You need proper care, and fast. Let the past go and focus one what's going on now and your future.

*hugs*

Hey Big,

Don't let that one doctor make you feel depressed! Unfortunately along the way in life, most of us learn that there are some doctors out there who should have chosen a different path in life. Their lack of compassion is something that no-one should tolerate. I agree with David - just go ahead and research some doctors in your area, and make an appointment for a consultation - and take your records with you. Don't settle. Its important to find a good doctor and one that not only knows what they are doing, but also realizes the importance of compassion and humanity.

confused, discouraged

David, I get 2cc's B-12 monthly now for pernicious anemia and 1200 sub-lingual daily. take Bentyl and carafate for ulcerative colitis, IBD, chrons. grandson 14 just diagnosed celiac disease age 15. was in football, captain and quarterback for team. then this happened, he had to get 3 units of blood. he was so weak when one Doctor did not tell his mom a viruus going around. pray for him, he's been validictorian of class too. 3 sisters, no sign of it yet. oh I have celiac too, its genetic his mom was told. thanks so very much for reply. you are a very nice young man. his mom found 2nd Doctor who made him a direct admit. thankGod for Doctors who are good dianosticians. his test for celiac had to be sent to california. HE HAS TAKES bentyl, and gluten free diet now. doing better, but no pizza ever again:( bjg

Last edited:
Confused,discouraged

David who is the Alabama Doctor? I also take script vitamin D 50,000 UNITS ONCE A WEEK. i LIVE IN mOBILE, ms> dOCTORS SAID THEY WERE LOSING ME. WE MOVED TO mOBILE CAUSE usa IS HERE. THEY TOLD ME i NEEDED mayo clinic or john hopkins. can't afford to go. If the Mobile Doc' is Dr. Johnson I have him for colon emergencies and ulcer emergencies. He ordered surgery stst, but the surgeons said I would die on their table. But DR. jOHNSON IS GOOD gi dOC, AND A SWEETIE. SMILE, BJG

Last edited: