• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Let the games begin....:(

D

DarrylP_Ajax

Hey, my name is Darryl, i live close to Toronto, was recently Diagnosed in the beginning of May 2006 with Crohn's....have been on the Big P for about 11 days now at 80mg/day (May 24), luckily i have not experienced many side effects so far, touch wood (only about 3 lbs of weight gain). I am also, through the help of a naturopath, am starting a hypoallergenic diet to try and identify foods that may be aggravating my Crohn's. I am on day 3 of this diet and am definitly not that excited about being on it, basically everythign i normally eat has been written off, but if it will help me have a chance at going into remission its worth it. I was, until my symtpoms started up, big into weight training/body building and huge into hockey, but now due to complications i have been out of the gym for 4 months and greatly miss my previous lifestyle. Since January i have dropped from a lean 238lbs, to about 200lbs today, basically all due to muscle loss. My goal is too one day be able to get back into the gym and resume my passions for life..thats all

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

I am GRANDMA BEAR ... so I extend this BIG WELCOME to you !! I am sure that you will have a great time here ... I have made plenty of friends & if U wish to read my husband's story scroll down the list & take a read ... he too has been loosing weight and so I must say it's not the way to loose weight but in someways he looks really good !! :dog: So, jump right in and have some fun !! :eek:

M

Mickeyg

Welcome - hope you are feeling better soon. Usually with that level of Pred, I would be wound up and not sleeping. This disease is a crap shoot what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Have patience and you will be back in the gym in no time.

MickeyG

D

DarrylP_Ajax

Mickeyg said:
Welcome - hope you are feeling better soon. Usually with that level of Pred, I would be wound up and not sleeping. This disease is a crap shoot what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Have patience and you will be back in the gym in no time.

MickeyG
Ya, so far i havent had any sleeping probs.....my main problem right now is the new diet, lol....i am going to have to start inventing new forms of food...tried to have buckwheat by itself for breakfast this morning, that was pretty brutal, managed to down 3/4 cup of the stuff, but i think i am going to invent myself a smoothie tomorrow so i can chug the stuff, its pretty bland, lol

J

Jonny

Hi DarrylP and Ajax like the Dutch Football team?Top team that.

Welcome to the site.I hope your health gets back and track and you can enjoy the Hockey again we have a good few Canadians playing for the Belfast Giants IceHockey team here and ive been to see them play a few times .I think we won the Elite United Kingdom leaugue and a cup last season so were on fire.I loved it although im still a bit clueless about all the rules.

D

DarrylP_Ajax

I am curious, how many people have tried that SCD diet before? I am on a more strict Hypoallergenic diet at the moment, but eventually in a month or so i will be on the SCD diet....i have read that with some people, after being on the diet for a couple months they were able to start eating everything again while others stayed sympton/crohns free while on the diet, but suffered from even one "cheat" meal....anyways, i am taking a serious stand on the diet side as i dont want to be on the Pred very long, so i am willing to do everything possible to speed up recovery...

V

Valentina

Hey Darryl, welcome to the site, Im new as well.
:canada_flag: your in Ajax? you know Avril then? lol (bet you dont hear that at all)
Hope the diet route works for you, and I can understand your not wanting to be on pred for very long.. maybe one of the worst things Ive ever been through in my life. I hope you can get back to hockey and feeling yourself very soon! :hockey:

L

little_sami

Darryl, I know a man who is an SCD Guru, if you need any help or advice regarding this, PM me your msn and i will pass it on to him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind!!

D

DarrylP_Ajax

little_sami said:
Darryl, I know a man who is an SCD Guru, if you need any help or advice regarding this, PM me your msn and i will pass it on to him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind!!
PM sent, thanks

M

Mozam

Hey Darryl,

Welcome to the site my man - have a good one, and speak to u soon.