• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Here

Hi all!
Not new to Crohns, just new here! I was dx with Crohns Disease in Fall 2003 after bouts with diarreah. I have a brother with Crohns, so I knew what was coming! Luckily, I have a great GI and have had very successful treatment so far, with some ups and down. After my initial dx I was easily treated with pentasa and oral steroids. I did really well for about 5 years until I was pregnant with twins; had issues while pregnant, and had a huge flare post-partum. Which I hear is pretty normal. About a year post-partum, my GI started me on Humira and I've done very, very well since then. Only symptoms left are lingering joint pain and some minor side effects from the Humira. Recently had my B12 level done and it's low, so I came here to ask some questions, which I'll pop into the correct forum!

Thanks all!
MomoMama

Hey MomoMama,

I also have Crohn's and I was diagnosed in April 2010. No one in my family has CD or UC so I didn't know that this was coming. The only question that i have is when you get pregnant does the CD or UC goes to that kids? I also have ups and downs more downs then up cause of the bathroom breaks. I get alot of joint pain and my eye sight goes and i get rashes on my skin. I dropped my weight all the way down to 83pd. Now i am having Nose Bleeds everyday and that makes me lose Iron and well it wont stop so i just wanted to know if you every had the problem? Umm.. When your having your downs what do you do to make it not hurt as bad?

Oh by the way my name is Susan and i just turned 21 on July 2nd and since i am legal i was going to try some drinks but just wanted to know does it bother you?

Angrybird

Hello MomoMama and welcome to the forum :) I take it you will now be on routine jabs for the low B12? It is common for us crohnies to be deficient in this due to malabsorbtion issues we get with having a dodgy bowel. I am glad the Humira is keeping the tum settled for you although what has you doc said about the joint pain - have they put this down to the crohns or is it going to be looked into seperately? What other side effects do you get with it. If youhave not already do have a good nosy on the Humira sub forum so you can have a chat with others who are also on this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59.

AB
xx

Thank you all for the welcome!

Yes, I am being followed by a rheumo for the joint pain, although he feels it's just Crohns related. I'm on sulphasalazine to help keep it under control and it seems to be working. It's not debilitating and more an annoyance at this point!

I will check out the Humira sub-forums! Thanks!