Share Facebook

07-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
lager87

Starting Cimzia

Hi all. I was diagnosed with Crohns about 4 months ago (wrongly diagnosed with IBS for years). They started me on entocort and lialda. I was then transferred to a specialst in Crohns who feels it would be best for me to start on Cimzia. Wondering if anyone can share their experience with me about this med. Thanks!
07-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I've never taken it before but I'll move your thread over to the Cimzia subforum in hopes that you'll get better responses.

Give the threads here a look through here to see if you can find the information you're looking for.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
JThorn676

I just did my 2nd Cimzia injection today! Unfortunately, i'm not very helpful since I just started the med 2 weks ago . Thankfully, the needle is VERY little and I hardly feel it going in. The sent a home health nurse to my house for the first injection to show me/ help me do it. Cimzia also has a co-pay card that they can sign you up for and if you get approved, it will cover up to $500 a month! My co-pay after insurance was supposed to be around $50 but it's zero for at least the first year because of this card!! So if they don't mention the card, make sure to ask about it!

Sorry i'm not much help since I just started! Good luck to you!
Emergency exploritory surgery on August 2011 including - small bowel resection, appendectomy, removal of my cecum, right fallopian tube and right ovary and numerous abcesses drained.
Currently on:
Cimzia
Pentasa - 500MG 2 pills 4x a day
Calcium - 600 MG 2x a day
Vitamin D - 5,000 IU a day
MY STORY
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=32068
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
lager87

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have the cimpay card too. Thank god! My copay was going to be 125.
07-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Jenamonkey

I just did my 2nd dose on Monday. So far this week I've had increased fatigue, chills and nausea. I'm hoping it's not from the Cimzia! Have ya'll noticed any side effects? Any relief?? I feel like I'm WORSE. Hope it's just temporary!!

Mother of One Beautiful Baby Boy 2/27/12!
Remicade Infusions x 6 weeks
Pentasa 2 500mg capsules x 2 times daily
Prenatal vitamins & Saccharomyces boulardii (Florastor)