• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosis: Crohns and Small Fibre Peripheral Neuropathy

I have just come home from a week in hospital and a barrage of tests, I have been diagnosed with Small Fibre Peripheral Neuropathy, I also have crohns disease. The Neurologist is researching if it is linked to the Humira but he seems to think not.... There is a link between crohns and peripheral neuropathies, I had actually discovered this when researching and trying to find out what the heck was wrong. Personally, I think there is a link between the Humira and the neuropathy, everything else that it could possibly link it is ruled out, ie diabetes and b12 and I have had every test known. If it is possible to hit rock bottom .. then i am there.:confused2:

Last edited:
Sorry you are feeling low, though it's now wonder after hospital, tests and a new diagnosis to cope with. Didn't know there could be links between so many diseases. Hope you are feeling better and those clever docs can do something to help.

I have the same issue and diagnosis and I too and convinced this was caused from the Humira, I hope after this time you are better. I am shopping for a new GI doc, looking for someone who is not a biologics pusher. I feel your pain in having Crohns to deal with and now this on top of it.

nogutsnoglory

I have neurological issues but didn't consider its relation to crohn's. What source are you getting the PN and crohn's connection from?