Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Much Ado About Nothing! eh!

08-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #271
Clash
Forum Monitor

Yeah, the age thing became a factor this year for J but not co-ed. Her and her roomies decided to move to a new development that just opened but two of the roomies didn't turn their lease stuff in until late so that divided the four into two pairs...then they paired J and her roomie with 2 grad students who are 30, J is 19!!! We were so worried, I mean 19 year old teeny boppers with 30 year olds but they are two years into their MBA and each work 2 jobs so J says she literally never sees them...so far so good.
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira
08-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #272
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Yeah the age difference would freak me out but more from the perspective of it being their first time at college and it impeding their ability to make friends and most definitely the fact that an older person is way more likely to have a male visitor staying over. Ewww! Boys=cooties.

And Dusty?! Coed apartments?! That explains a lot.
Methotrexate (12.5mg wkly - oral)
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium
Folic Acid
Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohns
Methotrexate (15mg weekly oral)
Enteral Nutrition
Entocort
IBD-AID Diet
Vit d 1000IU
Calcium
Folic Acid
Previously used: Mtx injections
08-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #273
Twiggy930
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hey Tess be glad she hasn't decided to come out this way where she could have a dorm room in walking distance to a nude beach...

Also taking: TuZen probiotic and following a low FODMAP diet (not very strictly).

Past Treatments: Prednisone, Flagyl, Cipro, Pentasa, exclusive EN via NG tube (6 weeks), Prevacid, Iberogast (20 drops twice a day) and high doses of vitamin B2.
08-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #274
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Apparently, women are legally allowed to go topless in Toronto but, to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen any women going topless here... (my prudishness came from somewhere! Certainly not from Portugal where they're ALL topless at every beach, waterpark, etc.)

Funny enough, although it is allowed, we just had a protest demanding that women be allowed to go topless ??? Then again, the protesters are Raelians, people(?) who believe the earth was created by aliens (which I suppose makes them aliens too??).

Treatment:
May-July 2011 - 6 wks Exclusive EN via NG tube - 2000 ml/night, 1 wk IV Flagyl
July 2011-July 2013 - Supplemental EN via NG, 1000 ml/night, 5 nites/wk, Nexium, 40 mg
Feb. 2013-present - Remicade, 5 mg/kg every 6 wks
Supplements: 1-2 Boost shakes, D3 - 2000 IUs, Krill Oil
08-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #275
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't wish to see any alien offspring naked. Go back to your own world!
dx Juvenile Arthritis
(12/13/13)
dx Erthema Nodosum
(8/13/14)
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
(10/14/13)
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome dx (1/26/17)
Remicade started on (9/8/14)Every 4 wks
Azathroprine started on 10/9/15
EN/EEN- since (1/12/13)
Past Meds- LDN, Humira, Pred, MTX, Sulfasalazine
08-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #276
Clash
Forum Monitor

Okay so if there is a law that women can go topless maybe they were protesting that the law doesn't specify that alien women can go topless

Yikes so now not only do I have to worry about invading aliens but also topless invading aliens
08-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #277
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:

You guys suck! I declared Tuesdays "No Tush Talk Tuesday" and vowed to stay off the forum and devote my time to my home, dogs and children and you have sucked me in!
08-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #278
Clash
Forum Monitor

Honestly though crohnsinct...you are abiding by No Tush Talk Tuesday...we are talking about alien titties not tushes so really it is safe!!
08-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #279
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
08-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #280
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:

Give it up Crohnsinct... you need us to get through your day!
08-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #281
Clash
Forum Monitor

Crohnsinct, how insane do you think C's GI will think I am if I start the convo with well the other day while researing and talking about naked aliens I realized C needs some dental work and this might be something I should discuss with you...
08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #282
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Question for any Floridians near Fort Lauderdale... Kimmidwife, Crohn's Mom, ???

Can you suggest a hotel (not expensive but clean!!!) that is right near the airport? We decided to leave a day early for the cruise, just in case of weather delays up here, but the availability of flights sucked! Our flight gets into Ft. Lauderdale at midnight... so I really just need a place to sleep, nothing fancy, as we will be leaving the next morning.
08-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #283
Clash
Forum Monitor

How much longer until you leave, Tesscorm? The excitement is building, I bet!
08-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #284
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Clash, you definitely need to explain your train of thought!!! How did you go from naked aliens to cavities?!?! Now I definitely know some of us have ADD!
08-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #285
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
We don't leave until Dec. 29 but because of the holiday season, I want to make sure we get a room booked... You know how it is, if I don't get it done now because it's too early, I'll leave it and leave it and forget about it and before you know it, it'll be too late and we'll be sleeping at the airport!
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #286
Clash
Forum Monitor

Ha ha....On Crohnsinct thread about O I had asked a question about dental procedures and Remicade and what I should discuss with GI...it just followed through to over here and naked aliens!!
08-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #287
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Clash, you definitely need to explain your train of thought!!! How did you go from naked aliens to cavities?!?! Now I definitely know some of us have ADD!
It should be plan as day.
Seeing naked aliens causes one to lose there teeth.
Their by needing a dentist.
08-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #288
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:

Give it up Crohnsinct... you need us to get through your day!
Yes I do Tesswhich is exactly why I am coming on the cruise with you. Book a hotel room for the others also...they don't technically have to sneak into the suitcases until we board the ship.

Now if you would all get over here and help me with the cleaning and cooking I would be all set...oh that is not what you meant by support?
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #289
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm off to take my children outside. I leave you all to this insanity.

Oh, Grace poo-poo today. It took 3 days to do it but she did. YA!
I have to get the brakes on my SUV fixed.
What was that about ADD??????

08-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #290
Clash
Forum Monitor

Umm...that naked aliens cause cavities and poo that takes awhile cause brake wear...or maybe...

Farmwife, I'm so glad that she was finally able to go!!! I hope you get some answers soon. I know it must be hard and I hope that precious little one gets to feeling tip top real soon!!
08-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #291
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
You should've just taken Grace for a drive with you... if I was a passenger with you driving an SUV with no brakes, I'd shit my pants! And it wouldn't take 3 days!

But, way to go Grace!!
08-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #292
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
That was classic Tess!

Farmwife: Yay Poo Dancing bananas will have to do as I see David hasn't found us worthy of dancing crap yet and I would venture to say that after today we may never be!
08-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #293
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
O.K. I am off to buy school supplies with my kids. I bribe them every year. For every item they can find in the house to reuse I pay them a dollar. They think I am being all environmentally conscious or trying to reduce the clutter in the house or just too cheap to buy supplies..truth is I am just too lazy to drag out and get them and the crowds at Staples drives me insane. If the darn teacher's would get a list more than two days before school starts I could order the crap and never have to leave my bubble!

Try not to get us kicked off the forum while I am gone!
08-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #294
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
What a great idea!!! Wish I'd thought of that years ago!!!
08-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #295
Twiggy930
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:

Oh no... I have discovered a new method of procrastination... searching for smileys...
08-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #296
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Well that was awesome! Went to Staples and sent O and her sister off to find O's pencil case and binder ring along with all the other crazy, fighting parents and kids and I ran to the printer ink section which was quiet and calm because no sane person darkens the doors of Staples the week school starts. Met O and her sister at the register and skipped out with my bag of three things. I was the envy of every parent in there

and I saved a bundle and got my shelves and drawers cleaned out!!!SCORE!
08-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #297
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Way to go!!!

I think I'm going to use the same ploy with my kids' clothing! I'll save on buying them more clothes (won't have to buy new jeans to replace last season's perfectly good jeans) that they have and they can stop asking me for money because they'll have some from 'recycling' their clothes!
08-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #298
DustyKat
Super Moderator

How did you go from naked aliens to cavities?!?!
Elementary...aliens probe cavities.

Question about school and dress. Do any schools over there, US/Canada, require a uniform?
08-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #299
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Private schools mostly Dusty

Public schools do have what they call "dress code" though, mostly outlining what is unacceptable (short shorts, spaghetti strap tank tops, shirts with cursing or drug/alcohol reference, etc..)
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #300
Clash
Forum Monitor

All the public schools in our area have a dress code that requires collared pullovers and khaki pants. There is no requirement it be a certain color though, like the shirts can be any color and the pants can be black, tan, or navy.

C goes to military school so he is in a class A uniform everyday but Friday then it's black pants with school collared pullover.

Dusty, a friend of mine lives in Sydney and her two young kids(twins) go to The Scots College, not exactly sure what that is but they have the most adorable outfits. They also now have the most awesome accent!!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Much Ado About Nothing! eh!