Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Much Ado About Nothing! eh!

08-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #241
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Natural...so you figured you would just keep the bangs until they came back in huh? I am feeling like that with clothes these days.

It is my anniversary and my kids (well the two who are still home sniff sniff) insisted on watching my wedding video. Our cheeks hurt from laughing so hard at the 80's hair styles, clothing and way we danced. So glad I saved my dress in case one of my girls wanted to wear it. O tells me it is hideous.
Methotrexate (12.5mg wkly - oral)
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium
Folic Acid
Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohns
Methotrexate (15mg weekly oral)
Enteral Nutrition
Entocort
IBD-AID Diet
Vit d 1000IU
Calcium
Folic Acid
Previously used: Mtx injections
08-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #242
DustyKat
Super Moderator

I didn't save my dress because I never had one in the first place...yes, as much I hate to burst all those saintly bubbles that you hold me in...Dusty lives in sin!
08-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #243
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
No freakin way! You never got married?! Still with the kids' dad? That is so funny cuz my husband and I never talked marriage he just went out and bought a ring. The night he was going to propose I was going on and on about why do people get married...so stupid..I don't need a piece of paper...just live together. Needless to say he proposed 2 months later. Still wasn't sure but figured I could always change my mind. Also didn't want children. 23 years and three children later.....
08-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #244
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Nope never and yep, Mr. Kat is the kids father.

The funniest thing is when when someone goes on about people not being married and having kids. I sit and listen and then say, I'm not married and I have children. They usually say (between the coughs and splutters), oh but that's different! Really???
08-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #245
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
LMAO! Isn't it fun to catch people like that? I get to catch people all the time when they talk about the "resource room" kids at school taking all the attention or the "short bus" kids...oh you mean like my daughter?! Bite me!
08-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #246
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
and yes Dusty you are different
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #247
DustyKat
Super Moderator

and unusual.
08-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #248
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
and unusual.
Why? Because you troll the internet looking for dancing poo smileys?
08-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #249
Naturelover

My Support Groups:
What is LMAO? I know, I know, sheltered life, blah, blah, blah...

DustyKat, I think it's awesome that you are with the kids father. Some people flip psychologically once they are married and end up getting divorced. So what was the point of marriage? Just make sure you both have good wills so that when one of you kicks the bucket, the other won't be left high and dry. You got no judgment from me.

I'm with you crohnsinct, keep the clothes until they come back in. Just like the bangs. Who's got time or money to waist. Hee, hee!

I'm with you all. I love catching folks eaten' their own words. It's loads of fun. Yep, my son rode the short bus in preschool. He went to a special ed center. So glad they have services for the little ones. Now he's in college and his "short bus" is his fathers old Honda CRV.

I drive the long bus (Honda Odyssey)

Gotta take a short break and cut hubby's hair and possibly son's hair too. Be back in a few...

08-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #250
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Why? Because you troll the internet looking for dancing poo smileys?
That amongst other things.

Get outta here Naturelover! LMAO!!!

Laughing My Arse Off...or as you yanks say, ass. Which is a donkey btw.

LMFAO...now do you want me to spell the F out?
08-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #251
Naturelover

My Support Groups:
DustyKat, By George, I think I've got it! Nope you don't need to spell out the F. Besides, the system might reject it. You were going to spell fairy, right? Snicker, snicker.
08-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #252
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Fairy?? Hell no!! I wouldn't have said F&*^ing but I would have said fecking.
08-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #253
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Well in my world f=fat these days! Can't wait for these kids to go back to school so I can get back to working out!
08-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #254
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Got a bit of catching up to do here...

Naturelover - that sounds like my kind of camping!

Crohn's Mom - glad you had a nice day!!! Let's see a pic of the new 'do!

Dusty - Enjoy your holidays!!!!

Sascot - What a score!!! Way to go Andrew!! (just out of curiousity... we are talking 'soccer', right? Or are you actually talking about 'American' football?) And, hope you've had a chance to catch up on some sleep!

Treatment:
May-July 2011 - 6 wks Exclusive EN via NG tube - 2000 ml/night, 1 wk IV Flagyl
July 2011-July 2013 - Supplemental EN via NG, 1000 ml/night, 5 nites/wk, Nexium, 40 mg
Feb. 2013-present - Remicade, 5 mg/kg every 6 wks
Supplements: 1-2 Boost shakes, D3 - 2000 IUs, Krill Oil
08-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #255
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Oh god! Start running Tess!!! Football is football is football, the purists game, life and death, the only true sport! It's SOCCER!

@sascot...Do you follow the Scottish premier league? Does Andrew? I don't but Matt does, I don't know that he follows any particular team, and my Dad is Scottish, he is a Hearts man through and through.
08-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #256
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Crikey... just asking!!!
08-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #257
Sascot
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Dusty I agree - football is FOOTBALL (yes, soccer), very very important in Scotland! We do follow the Scottish League, our team - Falkirk - is in the first division (one division down from the premier league). Don't think Hearts is liked by anyone in our family, .
What's with all this pampering people? It's all I can do to get a shower for more than 3 mins before someone is shouting for me!!
Crohnsinct - way to stick to your guns! Married and 3 kids later
I had a dream last night that I had 3 kids and was pregnant with my 4th . Can't tell you how relieved I was when I woke up to just 2 kids
08-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #258
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
What a dream!!!

I have a friend who had two small children, wanted a third but hubby wasn't so sure... so, no big deal, two was good... however, as she had had two babies and was now a busy, busy mom of two small ones, the job of 'taking care of business' was left to hubby... a surprise pregnancy soon followed, with TWINS! (But, honestly, there is ALWAYS something going on at their home!! Always lots of fun!! )

I will never forget something her son said to me, he was too young to get the meaning and was just repeating his dad... He was approx. 6 years old, younger sister 2 and twin girls just born, I asked him how he felt about having 3 sisters, he shrugged and said "I dunno but my dad said when they're older, him and I get to go away for a week every month."

Last edited by Tesscorm; 08-27-2012 at 11:29 AM.
08-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #259
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
jmk: i know right? I remember a day where we were talking consistency, color etc and Izzi's mom chiming right in all while eating her lunch!

Sascot: he constantly reminds me of his two biggest i told you so's...trust me he says...I was right about marriage and kids. And a dream? You were seriously sleeping long enough to enter dream state...SCORE!

Off to go see my coed..yes, already! She needs a printer and all I am is a bank but I will take it if it means I can sneak a peak at my girl. I am sure she won't allow much more than a drive by...
08-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #260
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Banker is only 'one' of our jobs! But, you know..., she could have just asked you to transfer funds???... she could actually just be missing you as much as you're missing her...
08-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #261
Clash
Forum Monitor

crohnsinct, I would pick up some ink too, they go through it quick!! Unless you want to save that for another visit!!! And I agree maybe she just wanted a little Mama facetime!!!
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira
08-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #262
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Well, I picked up the printer and a sandwich from her favorite sandwich shop oh yes and three or four grocery bags of snacks (no comments...remember I am Italian!!!). M&M's no Hersheys. Anyway, we went to her room (shocked she had us seen in public), we installed her printer, she took her sandwich and she kissed us good bye. Oh yeah and she gave me a book to be returned to the bookstore and said I could feel free to go myself while she sat in her room and ate her sandwich. Wham Bam Thank-you mam! I am sure Dusty has some clever hooker reference for my quick visit.

So if she needed mommy time it seems and hour and 15 was all she needed. I did pick up and bring ink but darn Clash that was a good idea to save it for another trip.

Ah yes and she told me about her "friend" from h.s....she got written up her first night there for alcohol!!! I was freaked. Don't get me wrong. Not freaked about the alcohol as much as I am freaked that she is going to school with kids sooooo stupid that they get caught their first night there! Also perturbed she is ruining the reputation for our high school. O wants to go to that school. Guess G will have to prove the family rep for now.

I type as I drink my big glass o wine!
08-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #263
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
At least they get written up for alcohol! When Emily was looking at various universities, we looked at Uni of Toronto (largest, most respected, most prestigious, blah, blah, blah in Toronto), we look at one of their residences - very nice, small apartment style (each apt with 4-5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living area with couches), 3 levels of security - into 'private' areas, again into apt and again into each bedroom , co-ed floors but single sex apts and they matched up roommates by interest, not age. BUT, I don't consider myself prudish, not even close BUT each resident was allowed to have 2-3 sleepover guests, either sex. So, in theory, Emily would be 18, could be rooming with a 22 year old who has a boyfriend who's 25 and Em could be waking up to a living room with two to three 25 year old men! I found this really bizarre and was very uncomfortable with it.

She chose to go to another university for other reasons but, out of curiosity, do you guys find this strange or is this normal??
08-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #264
Naturelover

My Support Groups:
Hey DustyKat, pull the door to on your outhouse. Your knobby knees are getting on my nerves.
08-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #265
Sascot
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Tess, reading that does kinda freak me out as a parent. However, as far as I remember at my university they had blocks of flats with about 5 bedrooms sharing one kitchen/lounge and bathroom. There were no adults manning the doors, the flats were co-ed and I don't think there was a limit on who you could bring back. I of course was still staying at home with my mom and just drove into uni - think I missed some partying!!!
08-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #266
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Wham Bam Thank-you mam! I am sure Dusty has some clever hooker reference for my quick visit.
You are making me blush crohnsinct!

Some of the residences here are same sex, usually the ones with a religious affiliation, outside of that they are all co-ed. Sarah lived in an 8 bedroom, 4 bathroom apartment and the mix was 5 guys and 3 girls, all different ages. There was one guy in another apartment that was was about 30 and they called him Dad!

@Naturelover...Well stop perving on my knees!
08-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #267
Clash
Forum Monitor

All of the universities J looked at had coed residences, most suites were separated but that is it. There were overnight guest rules for some of them but for the most part there wasn't. When we first toured I have to admit I was freaked but J more so by the space of the older dorms closer to the uni and the distance the newer suite dorms were from main campus so she decided on a state school for the first two years where you weren't required to live in a dorm as a freshman. But honestly, her neighbors ended up being guys and I swear if it wasn't for them cooking she would've starved and they were constantly checking on her and her roomies, changing the oil in her car, meeting her at work when she got off so she wouldn't have to walk to her car alone. Wish I could move them right on through college with her!!!
08-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #268
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Well, maybe I am more prudish than I thought! When I was younger, I shared a place with friends, male and female, but I think what threw me was that she wouldn't know who she'd be waking up to... and that they could be so much older. Guess it's time I woke up and smelled the coffee!

Then there's Stephen ... went out with a friend this past weekend and they both tend to look older than 18... after a club, they'd gone to eat something and a couple of women started to talk to them, asked them how old they were and S and his friend said 21. Women started oohing and aahhing that they looked 'older' but, 21 was 'okay' (women were 25 and 27!). They all ended up eating together, etc. S said the women started reminiscing about their proms, so S and his friend did as well, only difference being, the women were going back almost 10 years, S and friend, 2 months! Women ended up giving the boys their numbers! S and his friend then admitted how old/young they really were and women snatched back their numbers! (Gotta wonder what he DOESN'T tell me! )

I think they both need to go out of town!!! Ignorance would be bliss!!!
08-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #269
Clash
Forum Monitor

Tesscorm I do know the feeling!! In return for the cooking, oil changing and getting her safely to her car from work J frequently goes downtown to pick them up after the bars close!! She says they make their plans knowing if they get into a tight they can call her and she will get out of bed and go pick 'em up and bring them home. I wouldn't want to be them though because J is the grouchiest little thing when you wake her up, probably in their bar state they don't even notice though!!
08-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #270
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
That's a pretty good deal!! Don't get me wrong, I think co-ed sharing is great, probably better than a bunch of girls only, like I said, it was just the 'stranger' and age thing that got me. Then again, I'm sure a big part was the whole transition with her moving out, etc. I think she ended up with the best of both worlds though... ended up staying home but one of her best friends is in residence downtown - most weekends, she stays with her friend...

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Much Ado About Nothing! eh!