• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New... my story

Hi my name is lisa...
I just happened to stumble on the website. I hope this finds me good information.
I am a 43 year old female. Diagnosed with chrones disease in 2004. I have felt for a very fortunate and lucky. Because I have been able to avoid collen in surgery all these years. I just got out of the hospital 2 days ago from a very bad relapse. I was in for 1 week. Now trying to wean down off of the high doses of prednisone. Feeling very anxious jittery depressed. Praying that this will subside soon. I have had 4 rectal abscess surgerys. I now have what they call avery c-tone. To keep the dranning going to prevent further infection. I have not found any specific foods that I cannot tolerate. I am currently on humaira... was on remicade for 6 years then it stopped working. I am open for any advice from any :)

Hi Lisa!
Welcome to the forum :) Sorry you are relapsing and I feel for you on the surgeries :( I am having trouble finding information on an avery C-tone? I had my rectum removed 2 years ago and it opened, infected and never healed and currently have an abscess in the hole. Going to surgery #4 on it next month :( Wish they could just put a drain in or something because it keeps closing and that is the problem. Is the C-tone like a penrose drain? Thinking of asking my doc to just put a drain in there and leave me alone lol. Im tired of surgeries :( Is it like a little latex drain or something? Is it sewed in?