• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What do you do when...

This has happened to me a couple times - most recently this past Wednesday. It will quite possible happen again tomorrow so, any advice or creative suggestions will be much appreciated!

What do you do when….You’re in the middle of the golf course – let’s say between the 11th & 12th hole, your ostomy bag is full, you are nowhere near the clubhouse or a washroom or at best there may be a stinky, nasty, fly infested, cesspool-of-germs outhouse that makes you want to vomit from six feet away :puke_r:. You know that if you don’t empty your bag soon it is going to start leaking. Just quitting the round and heading back to the clubhouse is not an option. Also, you do not have a power cart. So, what would you do? Any suggestions? Please don’t tell me I have to suck it up and use the nasty outhouse! :evil: I am in a mini tournament tomorrow where I will be playing with a bunch of people I’ve never met before – this could get awfully embarrassing :blush:.

Thanking you all in advance for your wonderful words of wisdom!

Hi,

I don't know if this would be helpful but maybe make sure you don't eat too much prior to the tourney to reduce output and perhaps also take an immodium to slow things down. Just an FYI.... I had a blowout at the supermarket and trust me the nasty outhouse would be WAY less embarrassing..... So just in case bring a small case with hand sanitizer and some wipes at least you can sanitize yourself if you do get stuck with the outhouse.

Good Luck!

Kat

Oh Trish I hope you manage to sort this dilemma out:-:)-( what a dilemma to be in:-( massive hugs to you. If i were you i would use the nasty smelly outhouse its the only option you have. Sorry i know you don't want too. I would take immodium before you go out next time it will slow your output down. I hardly ever have to empty when I have it:) I take it 45 mins before each meal. Massive hugs xx

Can you drain into a zip lock bag or sealable container, then deposit it in an appropriate receptacle later? I have heard of truck and courier drivers doing this when they are stuck on the road, and unable to access a bathroom.
Just don't leave it in your golf bag and forget about it!! lol

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful suggestions! I think I will combine all three for the best success - Immodium, ziploc bag and hand sanitizer & wipes! I feel much more confident now. :dance:
Thanks again,
Trish

Good thinking hope your ok:) I've got a question I used a disabled toilet with my radar key and locked it from inside. Can people get in with radar key from outside if I have locked it from outside? Just asking coz nearly happened today luckily I was finished xx

Wear a bigger bag for when you play golf? Also it's often air that makes my bag seem fuller, so I would de-air it somewhere.

Once again, thanks for all the great suggestions! The golf tournament went fantastic (although I sucked - but that's a totally different topic!). Anyway, I had never golfed this course before so I really didn't know what to expect. I took my Immodium, packed my Ziploc, wipes and hand sanitizer and off I went. Got to the course and empty my bag just before teeing off. Things were going smoothly but then it happened! Intestines started to move and bag was filling. I saw several outhouses - which I decided I would use if really needed to. But guess what?? After the 8th hole, we ended up right beside the clubhouse! I ran in, emptied and went back out to finish the round! After the 18th hole, I emptied again and then went to enjoy a celebratory drink with my fellow golfers. All in all, a great day. Even though I didn't need to put into action today any of your suggestions, I will now always be prepared and will feel so much more confident!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now, any tips on how to improve my golf game? Kidding!!