• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update!

Hi Guys!

Sorry I've not been around recently! Did A LOT of over time recently and then one of my dear co-workers took their own life on the 17th. So was very sad and update about that :(

But actually got to see my surgeon on Wednesday. He's so lovely. He always says that I smile at the time but that he still takes me seriously! The drainage has not resolved itself, still getting bleeding and had some lower stomach pain and under my stoma recently.

I think the pain may have been a bit of food that's stuck but he still wants me to have an MRI to check out my bowel. He also said that he's referring me to this amazing plastic surgeon at another hospital in London who will fix me! He's going to move muscles, tissue and skin around to make me new again!!!! All my holes and discharge will be fixed! Wooo!!! He said that it's actually my crohn's that's caused me to heal so slowly but he wants me to get on with my life. At last... there's light at the end of the tunnel!!! Can't wait to see this plastics guy.

Hope everyone else is well and having a good summer!

Terriernut

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your co worker. And very sorry to hear you are still having trouble with drainage.

But I'm thrilled they are going to do something about it! (finally)

And I owe you dinner! If you ever stop working so much overtime!
:hug:

Hi Michelle:

Good to see you! I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker...how shocking and devastating for all of you.

I'm glad that something hopeful is coming up for all the issues you're facing. Huh, did you ever think you'd be seeing a plastic surgeon for your butt?

Good luck with your appointments and your MRI

Kismet

Thanks guys!

Misty, I'm free a lot at the moment! So let me know when you're free and we'll arrange it. Still yet to go on my post xmas diet :/

Thanks, Kismet! No, I didn't! I'm wondering if he'll do some lipo at the same time? lol

Terriernut

I am off til thursday. Grahame going on holiday next Friday. Where and when? I'm up for dinner any ol time.

I can't wait to hear about this plastic surgeon. I hope he's fab! X