• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My whole life

Hello,

I am a 23 yr old male, who was UC from birth but had a colectomy at 10 yrs old. After reading the stories of people here suffering I am thankful to not have the active disease; it hurts to read your stories. However I still feel like I am diseased and I can't lead a normal life. I am not in pain but I have to go to the bathroom 10+ a day, usually I have to get up at night. A couple times a year I do get sick where I have to throw up everything and it takes a day until I can eat again. Doctors weren't much help and wanted to give me acid reducers but minimizing gluten seems to have helped a lot. Society is really grossed out by bodily functions and it is stressful trying to cover my symptoms. I can't imagine finding a girl that is ok with my condition. I am thankful that I am healthy and can study/work in a field where I can cover my symptoms.

I would appreciate support from people as over the couple weeks as I make the dietary and lifestyle changes I need to recommit too; no more coffee, gluten, eating small frequent meals, and exercising and meditating.

I'm rooting for you! Diet changed my life, I hope it does for you too.

You will find someone someday. You are not your disease. I remember feeling like that and still constantly apologize to my husband for inconveniencing our family so much with my health. I have abscesses and fistulas where my rectum used to be and an illeostomy. They have caused me soon to be 4 surgeries and no sex for 2 years now. My husband always says, "I knew the job was dangerous when I took it, I love your sole not your Body" We IBDers have something special :) We have such strength through our endless struggle and that makes us appreciate our life and the ones we love so much more. Someone will see that one day and fall inlove with you and want to join you in your battle instead of flee and build a life with you. Only thing is you have to be willing to put yourself out there. Just fight your battle and you will find love along the way ;)

If your interested, check out the SCD diet links in my signature. This diet changed my life. Good luck!