Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Stem cell transplant journey beginning

View Poll Results: I would like to see how many people read this thread and find it useful?
Read and found useful information 27 100.00%
Read and did not find what I was looking for 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

04-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #151
AuntieEm

My Support Groups:
Our weather has been so unpredictable!!! ughhhhh! My joints are in total revolt!
Any luck with the migraine control Jenn?
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #152
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

On new migraine and non narcotic pain meds but nothing is helping. My memory is slipping. Im up all night in pain. Im in agony. Im cramping bad too. Im getting frustrated. I started volunteering with the women's shelter and here i am again having to cancel my obligations with them because of my pains. Ugh

Previous meds: Asacol, Colosal, Pentasa, Imuran, Remicade, Humira, Methatrexate, Folic Acid, Iron supplements, probiotics, prednisone, cipro, flagyll, aciphex, vancomycin, lortab, compazine, rowasa, , cimzia, Percocet, phenergan, lomotil, dilaudid, zofranTPN, blood transfusion, no surgeries yet

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Current meds: tons of transplant and anxiety and migraine meds

Undergoing stem cell transplant
05-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #153
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

Ive been to 3 doctors this week. My family dr, my psychiatrist and my therapist. Fun. Im going to have to scale back any volunteering. It's been too much on my body and all the pain had caused me so much anxiety i can hardly control it. My migraine are getting better even though Im on about 5 meds for them including a 12 day dose of prednisone Im not happy about.
05-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #154
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

I know my crohns is getting better. It's just that now all these other underlying issues i had all these years are surfacing and i have to deal with them and still cope with recovering from the transplant. Gets frustrating.
05-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #155
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

As for an update specifically related to the transplant, my counts have dropped again because i got CMV again, which i found out my dad has been giving me because he is unhealthy and despite my requests to not have face to face contact, he came by my house anyway and now Im back at square one. Hoping this time though that i caught it soon enough to not get pneumonia! Im pretty sure i did! Other than that the crohns is still improving. Still have yet to regret this process.
05-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #156
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

And one more thing...just so you know. Even though the hospital went into an agreement to pay for all transplant related costs, Im now under review and being billed $22,000 for my sister donating her cells. I called them and they said they wanted to file it under her insurance and Im like OMG i already told them a million time are doesn't have insurance! Like Im not paying $22,000 for a bill that should be covered! Im honestly terrified because of course i have no documentation of this agreement, only Dr Burts research team does. Ugh. Soooooo frustrated! I can't afford that... Who can!?!
05-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #157
Mpatton81

I go in on the first week of July for my stem cell transplant. I'm from Scotland tho, and we have a national health service. Our government picks up the tab for all our medical costs. We are pretty lucky.

Out of interest, do u know how much the procedure cost in total?
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #158
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

I go in on the first week of July for my stem cell transplant. I'm from Scotland tho, and we have a national health service. Our government picks up the tab for all our medical costs. We are pretty lucky.

Out of interest, do u know how much the procedure cost in total?
It.cost about $300,000 all together. Not a cheap procedure but well worth it! Good luck and please keep us all updated on your progress!!
05-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #159
Mpatton81

Thanks. I've started a blog as there are only a handful of people had one in the UK. It's to give a British perspective as I couldn't find anyone online from here who has had one.

The blog is: http://mystemcelljourney.wordpress.com

I hope you start to feel better soon. It's just typical tho. Your Crohn's disease has finally settled, but everything else makes you feel crap now. I hope you feel better soon.
05-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #160
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

Thank you! I will definitely be following your progress and praying!
05-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #161
jmcbrid2
Forum Monitor

My migraines are getting better and Im seeing a therapist for my anxiety issues. The last the g i need is another flare. Don't get me wrong, Im not feeling awesome lately...pain, upset stomach and even accidents as embarrassing as that is. But the crohns is still improving and my cell counts are up. No more cmv again! And my white cells are finally at 6.1! Im ready to be better!

I see a rheumotologist June 3 so i will let you know how that goes!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Stem cell transplant journey beginning