• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2003 when i was 12.put on various meds but gi recommended 6mp for the rest of my life. how could i take a poison for the rest of my life? :shifty-t:

the past year its been flare up than prednisone etc.

so in january i extremely cleaned up my diet, stay away from fast food, eat organic, restrict grains gluten corn etc, stay away from oils except for butter/ghee, no preservatives/ packaged goods. just a very clean and primitive diet.

but being in college and living in San Francisco id want to try different foods and go out, and enjoy living a regular life. i became lazy and stopped which lead me to have the worst of my flares, with horrible pain, waking up in the middle of the night because of the horrible pain.

started to see a renown naturopath/scientist/ who has many phd's and cured my cousin of a rare blood cancer/leukemia

so currently taking asacol 12 400mg, prednisone 10mg tapering of soon
and than the supplements: L-glutamine, chromium picolinate, probiotics, kyogreen(alkaline), desssicated liver (iron and b12), curcumin, tegreen97, omega(omegabrite), pancreatin (digestive enzymes), Calicium, Vit D3, Vit C, and than L-prolene/lysine, and True Calm(to help with prednisone jitters)

these change time to time based on my blood work.

i feel alot better, but still have loose stools, i started reading "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" but its really hard to stick to such a strict and extreme diet.

GI wants me start Imuran tomorrow and blood tests weekly.

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Amien and welcome to the community!

That's quite a list that the naturopath has you on there. What exactly is DESSICATED liver?

Quite a few people have indeed had success with the specific carbohydrate diet and well as the paleo diet. But yes, it can be hard to stick to. It's better than the alternative though.

Do you think you'll take the Imuran?

I wish you all the best!

Hi Amien and welcome to the community!

That's quite a list that the naturopath has you on there. What exactly is DESSICATED liver?

Quite a few people have indeed had success with the specific carbohydrate diet and well as the paleo diet. But yes, it can be hard to stick to. It's better than the alternative though.

Do you think you'll take the Imuran?

I wish you all the best!

Hi David,

Thanks!! yeah there's still some i forgot to mention haha.

Desiccated Liver (solgar) he recommended it because its from free range cows from argentina (where there's not much of something i forgot) and its sundried and what's left is the iron from the liver, without all the other toxins. since i was anemic, he recommended to get my iron from that source since iron tablets he said were bad for the gut.

Yeah they both seem promising, along with GAPS but true thanks for putting into that prospective.

Imuran im not sure probably, ill call him tomorrow and see what my naturopath says he says its ok for a short while in low doses.

Welcome to the forum, the best advice I can give is make sure you maintain a healthy balance between the two competing forms of medicine. They both have their place but in my own opinion neither one alone can maintain your remission. It is possible to have a healthy balance while still toxifying your body with 6MP's and other medications its all about equaling yourself out. Also have you joined the 'CCFA Supportive Social Group SF' in San Fran on FB? They do a lot of fun social events around the city, its a great way to get out and meet others with Crohns in your area.

Welcome to the forum, the best advice I can give is make sure you maintain a healthy balance between the two competing forms of medicine. They both have their place but in my own opinion neither one alone can maintain your remission. It is possible to have a healthy balance while still toxifying your body with 6MP's and other medications its all about equaling yourself out. Also have you joined the 'CCFA Supportive Social Group SF' in San Fran on FB? They do a lot of fun social events around the city, its a great way to get out and meet others with Crohns in your area.
Hi Thermo!

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, using both to control the crohns. and than eventually slowly wean off the meds.

and thanks a million for that group, ive been looking online and searching crohn's topic and have yet to come across that group along with Crohnology.com

im currently taking a semester off from school bc of crohns so im back in socal, but in January i definitely will check it out!

thanks once again! :worthy: