Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Gerson therapy

08-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
kalpana

Gerson therapy

Hi,

Has anyone tried Gerson Therapy, I spoke with one mom who daugthers Crohns was completely cured by GERSON THERAPY.

Thanks a lot.
08-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Hi - can you post an introduction in the your story forum?....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
08-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
KatyBuckeye

Hi Kalpana, I have not tried Gerson's therapy, but I met someone yesterday who says she has been in remission from UC for 5 years because of Gerson's therapy. I'm going to be looking into it a bit more and I may see a practitioner for a consult. I will be sure to post about my experiences if I learn more and decide to move forward with it. I'm having really good results with the specific carbohydrate diet right now, so I'm a little reluctant to make any changes at the moment.

**Check out my blog at http://www.thepaleonurse.com/blog

**Like my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/PaleoNurse
08-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
VICTOR

My Support Groups:
Has anyone tried Dr.Dahlman therapy ?
08-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
bangarang

Gerson Therapy is a nice alternative, I say go for it! Just be warned you'll probably feel sick the first week or two due to detoxing tho its a good thing. Good luck! Keep us updated.
08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
kalpana

I spoke with couple of people (references from Gerson) and they said it is wonerful, only thing it is tough and need lot of will power.

I am wondering if anyone knows of someone who had not very good experiences with Gerson.
08-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
GutlessWonder86
Forum Monitor

information on Gerson diet:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...ncer-quackery/
08-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
kalpana

Thanks a lot everyone for your responses.

Katybuckeye, Can you please share with me the person who tried the Gersons diet , his number or any of his contact information if possible.
08-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
KatyBuckeye

Thanks a lot everyone for your responses.

Katybuckeye, Can you please share with me the person who tried the Gersons diet , his number or any of his contact information if possible.
Hi Kalpana, it was someone that I met in person, not on the forum. I was in a vegetarian restaurant/biodynamic farming/health food store and I was asking questions about supplements, etc. I'm sorry- I don't know her name or contact info.
08-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
sfmreb2

Just stay away from the coffee enemas.
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
kalpana

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I am just looking if I can talk to someone who has followed the diet.
12-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
Levismom

Bumping this up to see if anyone here has tried Gerson Therapy for their IBD. We are very seriously considering it with our 9 year old who is on elemental formula only for a year now and not getting better. In fact, his malabsorption is getting quite worse, and we are running out of options as he presents very atypically (has had IBD from birth).

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Gerson therapy