• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi. New to the forum

I have suffered from Crohn's for the last 30+ years and have tried nearly every drug available. I have had 2 operations to remove infected area of intestines and after the 2nd was relatively pain free for several years. However, at the beginning of this year I had a major relapse and was taken into hospital by ambulance. I was prescribe a large dose of prednisolone which really helped. I have now been put on Humira injections which are working well. Does anyone have experience of long term use of Humira? At the moment I have no pain. Does this last? Any help and advise would be great.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear the tum has acted up again, I will be keeping fingers crossed that the Humira does the trick and can keep you well again. Definetly check out the thread above to get info regarding this.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Dave, I wanted to welcome you to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your relapse, that's unfortunate :(

I pray that the Humira is the trick for you. It definitely works well for many people. Be sure to check out the forum Astra linked you to and connect with others on Humira.

I wish you all the best :)

Thanks David. So far so good regarding the Humira. I have followed the link given by Astra and there is a lot information to take in, but I'm getting there. When I was first diagnosed with Crohns (1979) there was not a lot of choice regrading drugs that could help - even getting a proper diagnosis was a problem! I am amazed now at the many different drugs that can help with the disease and hopefully there is something out there that can provide relief to the many sufferers of crohns and colitis. This is a great, informative, and well presented website and it is nice speak to people who really know what I am going through. Well done. :ysmile: