Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » How Long Before Cimzia started working

03-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #31
lukewatson43

Greetings everyone
i read all the post, everyone is in problem and they take medicine in Allopathic.
i think all of you try the ayurveda. i am not selling here anything.i wanna just share my experiences.it is the cool way to make yourself peaceful and calm.
think about ayurveda...
thanks
03-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #32
Sue-2009

Well...Im sorry to say, I'm back in a relationship with my old friend prednisone. We have a love hate relationship. Right now, it's all love. We are going to start mixing some meds. Wait and see and game begun.
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Sue, did your doc prescribe any antibiotics along with the prednisone for the infection? Any fever over 100 is not good when you are on a biologic. Has the fever gone ?
Sorry you're back on pred but hope it helps
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #34
Sue-2009

It's down to normal. I think it was inflammation. He said we'll talk about cimzia with mercapturine in a week or so. And increasing cimzia till it all kicks in. So, here I go again. Funny thing...on of my daughters said I should just get a bag now, because I might me to old later! I'm only in my 40's!
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
I'm glad to hear the fever is gone
I was just concerned because it was so high.

So, here I go again. Funny thing...on of my daughters said I should just get a bag now, because I might me to old later! I'm only in my 40's!
How old is your daughter ? LOL. I don't think you're ever too old for an ostomy, however I'm sure you'd like to avoid it as long as possible !
03-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #36
Sue-2009

Yeah I eas concerned also. One of the reasons that I didn't want to rush, r my girls. It was 4:30am. They'd be off to school in a few hrs. So I took meds to hopefully bring my temp down. And it did! My twins r 12. Best thing that ever happened to me! 😄😍. How's your girl?
03-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #37
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Sue-2009 I'm just checking in to see if you're feeling any better ?

Sorry, I've been super busy lately and now I'm on vacation away.
My daughter seems to be doing "ok" right now. She's starting to think she may be allergic to the 6mp that was recently started, but hopefully she's wrong.
03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #38
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I finished my starter dose pack but haven't felt any difference yet. I know it's early but I'm praying this works. I can't take flaring anymore.
03-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #39
Sue-2009

Yeah, I burned through my starter set. No relief. I'm tapering off prednisone, increase Cimzia & restarted Mercapturine w/allopurinol. So, it's wait and see. I love/hate prednisone Keep me posted u guys. I hope this works for us.
08-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #40
meganb

Hi guys - I started Cimzia around May 15 so it's been a little over 2.5 months but I'm not feeling any better. I also never had bloody BM's until about a month ago. In the past week, I've had some BM's that were so bloody the whole toilet was red. Do I still have hope that the Cimzi will work or do you think it's time to try something else? My GI said they typically wait 4 months before switching to see if it will work. Ugh. I'm getting married November 2nd and really need to be better by then!
08-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #41
IBDfree

Hi--Just starting Cimzia after remicade failed to bring me into remission. Does anyone have a successful experience with Cimzia and how long did it take?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » How Long Before Cimzia started working