• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story on youtube....

hi all , so ye i made my first 2 videos of my story with crohns , kinda become a reality check to finally just sit there and talk about issues i have kept bottled up for nearly 7 years :) hope people can relate to this and any advice etc please let me know thanks

part 1:
[youtube]1EFuD1UcL5w[/youtube]

part 2:
[youtube]lb8kvNvogwA[/youtube]

feel free to pass this on to others with crohns

thanks

it was good to do, my friends are saying you wont get many views etc but i personally dont care about the views , the fact i finally sat down and opened up and talked about it after all this time it made me feel better :) its not same talking to someone who doesnt know what your going through so at least the camera doesnt keep saying things like " i know what you mean or i can imagine what your going through" lol thanks david

Wow! You're a braver man than me. I can't imagine making a YouTube video about Crohn's but I can really relate to Part One. I went through the exactly the same as you but back in 1979. My weight was right down and the thought of going into hospital was my worst fear. In the end it was out of my control as they also thought I had appendicitis but in my case they actually started the op but it wasn't my appendix causing the problem. That was followed by 20 years or so on prednisolone.

In those days hospital wards were a lot larger and you knew if someone was on their last legs as they would move their bed closest to the door. Not something you want to see as a young man.

On a brighter note some 30 years later I'm leading a fairly normal life with only a few restrictions so there is hope even with Crohn's. I've never considered using cannabis as I've seen the negative effect that it can have on people plus it would contravene the drugs and alcohol policy of my main client but if it works for you, great.

Keep up the videos

ye i understand , i am fortunate to work as an engineer and they allow me to work but its just like alcohol i wouldnt turn up to work drunk , if i have work i will medicate in afternoon when home :)

ye i was also on the end of the room hence seeing that man wasnt a nice sight ... anyways thanks for viewing