• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Senior citizen with Crohn's disease on Humira

Not sure how to start here. I joined tonite. Am senior citizen dx with Crohns in 1986. I have recently started with Humira injections.:sign0085::sign0085:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Anne and welcome to the community!

I moved your post here to the Your Story forum so that others can welcome you as well.

How are you feeling these days? Is the Humira working well for you yet?

Hi Anne and welcome to the community!

I moved your post here to the Your Story forum so that others can welcome you as well.

How are you feeling these days? Is the Humira working well for you yet?
Hi David. Thanks for your response. I m pretty lost here!

Had ano/rectal surgery 2 weeks ago. Feeling a little better than right after surgery!

After the second Humira injections, I became constipated. No history of the before or after dx! The surgery accomplished a number of things including disimpaction, tying of a fistula that went into vagina. A lot of ulceration and bruising was discovered/viewed. I began the next scheduled Humira injection later than was planned. A week later began constipation again. This time doc Rx miralax That resolved the problem. Next Humira was scheduled/taken today. I usually feel totally drained two full days after Humira. Somehow the Humira must have something to do with the constipation. The Crohns symptom of diarrhea ceased immediately after the first injection. From 6to20 BMW/day to 3. :hug:

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

How are you doing with the Humira? Are you on any other meds for your crohns?

AB
xx
Hi angry!

Also balasalaside. Then prn hycosyamine and lomotil.

I used 6mp for five years, some relief still flare ups tho. Felt sick all the time with that.

Remicade infusions every 6 weeks for one year until a reaction and discontinuance.
For the past two years cipro daily.
In flare ups, flagyl and gentimycin, iv cipro to control infex.