Share Facebook

View Poll Results: Do you follow a CD/IBD diet (like SCD)?
Yes, i follow a strict diet 22 33.33%
No, i just eat whatever 44 66.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

06-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #31
ByeByeCurryAndKebab

Nope i dont have a dietitan, although people say i should have one/get one. Do they cost? and most importantly are they effective?
06-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #32

Andy, as you're in the UK, you can get to see a dietitian on the NHS, but i don't know how long the waiting list would be. as far as effectiveness goes.. i did have one consultation with a dietitian soon after my diagnosis, but i don't think it was particularly helpful.. what helped more, in my opinion, was trial and error, finding out what effect different foods/drinks had on me personally, and taking tips from other Crohns sufferers. a dietitian could be very helpful getting you on the right track with nutrients and vitamins though.
07-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #33
Op.28/18

strict diet. very strict.

i have to or i'll be in perpetual pain.
03-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #34
Lydia

I found that diet can help. I wish I would have went wheat free a lot sooner. It would have save me years of terrible bloat and gas. I tried the vegan thing when I first came out of remission and while it energized me at first and helped my symptoms, it stopped working after awhile. Food is the one thing in constant contact with our diseased digestive tracts. To imply that diet cant help you is silly. I wont say its a cure but figuring out what works for us certainly makes life easier. Its definitely an individual thing.

Its like if you had an itchy rash, surely cotton would be more comfy than wool or sandpaper. Will the cotton cure the rash? probably not, but it makes it more easy to live with.