• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Juicers/ Juicing Machines

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
So, anyone here use one of these contraptions? Or are they one of those kitchen gadgets that ends up shoved back into the cabinets and forgotten?

I asked my doctor whether it was a worthwhile investment and he kind of shrugged his shoulders and said that it was one way to get concentrated nutrients.

I'm looking at the Breville Juice Fountain Plus.

F

frozenkefir

Bought it and forgot it also. It is too much work to clean IMO.

Heres an easier alternative. Put some fruit in a blender with ice and then make yourself a nice smoothie. I'd suggest bananas as the base and another fruit to flavor it up, like apples or papaya. I basically replace one to two of my meals with that smoothie and it really gave me digestive system a break. Oh and add water so it isnt super thick.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Yeah, I do smoothies in the blender quite a bit.

The idea with the juicer is to do soup bases and vegetable juices.

F

frozenkefir

Okay, honestly, I made the best carrot juice ever with my juicer. Just a pain to clean is all I am saying. I'd say it is worth it if you make a lot of juice and soup with it. That is an excellent idea by the way, the diet I'm on now suggests to do celery and carrot juices for a healing phase juice fast. Those soups sound good too. It was only like 100 bucks too so it isnt a bad investment when you consider how fresh it is. Most juice on the market is either pasteurized or preserved so I dont bother buying it.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Plus, I think there's such a limited selection of prepared vegetable juices. Usually they're tomato-based, or once in a while you might come across carrot (at like a health food store). Or the prepared ones which contain cream.

I'd like to incorporate more root vegetables (which are cheap plus good sources of vitamins and minerals) as well as leafy greens and squash. All in a more palatable and more digestible format.

I did end up getting the Breville (pictured above). It's actually made of few, easy-to-clean parts, so clean-up doesn't look to be a big deal.

Last edited:
I have a jack lalane juicer. The juic is way easier in the tummy rather than a smoothie cuz there is no fiber in the juice.

They take little to clean, but my nutrition deficient body laps it up.