• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

hello,dident do my story before i posted (sorry im new at this pewter stuff) here goesi have crohns for five years in and out of hospital all kinds of meds ,dont go out early,if i have to be somewhere at 9 i get up at 6 so i can get the bathroom stuff over with,im taking lialda 1.2,4 tabs a day and carafate,plus b12 shots,its a ongoing battle,just have to do best you can,i am so happy to have found this forum to hear others storys.:)

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Can I confirm that you are still having to run to the loo despite being on the meds? If so is your GI aware that you are still having problems? Can you recall what other meds you have been given in the past?

I am glad you have decided to join, there is a lot of helpful info and support here from a great bunch of people.

AB
xx

Thank you,glad to be here.yes i have lots of bathroom time in the mornings,not so much later in the day,i have tryed pentasa,,asacol,entorcort,so now im trying lialda.sure hope it helps:ysmile:

David

Co-Founder
The thing is, Lialda is only for the large intestine. I wouldn't expect it to help the other areas. You may need a step up from mesalamine (the active ingredient in Lialda).