• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey I'm new here

Hi everyone:) first, English isn't my native language so I'm sorry about any grammar mistakes and etc.

So hey, my name is Elia, I'm 18 years old and I'm from israel.
I got diagnosed in less than a year with Crohn's. I'm consider as one of the most though situations in Israel and even thought im ill only for less than a year I already spent 3 months in a hospital and got a surgery (with temporal stoma)

I have been treated with steroids, imoran, rimikied, modulen, different kinds of antibiotics, all that without any success. I also developed osteoporosis because of the steroids and had terrible back aches and now treated with forteo.

Even though my situation was very bad I manged not to lose hope and done all my bagruyot (Israeli tests you do in high school in order to graduate) from the hospital, graduated from the hospital, and came to the end ceromony a day after I got released from the hospital after the recovery from the sergury.

I try to live my life as normal as I can without letting my Crohn's to stop me.

In israel there is obligation to go to the army after you finish high school but I got released due to my illness. Even thoug, now I'm waiting for an approval from the army to volunteer in the army and be like everyone else and contribute my part...

Though it would be nice to take a part in an international forum and not only on the Israeli one. Hope to enjoy here and to get to know other people in my condition.

So sorry to hear about your problems but I applaud you for your perseverance!
I hope all will go better for you.
Welcome aboard.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't responded well to any of the treatments, that's really frustrating :(

How are you feeling after the surgery?

Hi!
Your english is great and this sounds like a good place for you to find some support and information :)
I like your spirit and determination to not let crohn's get you down. Keep that up and you will be able to do anything!

I hate that you are being made to feel you need to go in the army. It is frustrating being made to feel a certain way or do certain things that we may not want to do. Stay strong and there is alot of information on this site and alot of support. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you are really doing better.

Hi Elia,
So happy to hear from someone from Israel. Being a Christian, I am very fond of Israel and pray for her everyday. With all that's going on I'm sure the stress level is high. Just keep trusting that God will bring you to the place of healing. Do you follow any diet? Take any probiotics? Vitamin D3? Fish oil? All very important for crohns. I was diagnosed in Aug. 2011. Doing ok right now as long as I take all my vitamins and my medicine for diarrhea. (Cholesterymine). It really helped me immensely. I hope we can become friends. I will friend you on my profile page. OK?:kiss:

Hey, thanks everyone :)

David, I feel much better after the surgery... before the surgery I was very afraid but now I see that it all turned out for the best:)

nursehill- I don't feel obligation to serve in the Camry... I just love my country and I think that the army is a great way to contribute... the army here isn't just about war and defiance but about helping the community. there is a huge variety of positions.

723crossroads- sure, I would love us to be friends :)