Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Chat transcript on choosing the right treatment for your Crohn's Disease

05-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #1
mikeyarmo
Co-Founder

Chat transcript on choosing the right treatment for your Crohn's Disease

This is a chat transcript from late 2004 with Dr. Present, who has published over 120 articles on IBD. This just may give you some more guidance on certain treatments (from a clinical doctors perspective) or just may be an interesting read.

Enjoy...

http://www.healthtalk.com/crohnsdise....cfm?pview=CHP
05-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #2
DannyB

Thanks for the link, it is an interesting article, the doctor is called Daniel so he obviously knows what he is talking about lol.
05-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Valentina

thanks for that, it was a very interesting read. a DR I could understand? hmm, should track him down maybe?
05-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
devildee(donna2005)LOL

Brian:
Am I doing damage to my system by stopping my meds (2 Asacol, 2 times a day)? I haven't taken them since May, and I feel great.

Dr. Present:
Brian, you're not doing the right thing. It has been clearly shown that Asacol prevents flare-ups. The flare-up may take one year to develop, but the risk is three to four times higher if you're not taking your medicines. Asacol is a very safe drug, has few side effects and is very effective. Brian, stay on the medicines.

not sure i agree with all he said as for quote above, i havnt took meds for nearly 3 years and touch wood been healthy
05-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
mikeyarmo
Co-Founder

devildee(donna2005)LOL said:
not sure i agree with all he said as for quote above, i havnt took meds for nearly 3 years and touch wood been healthy
From what I have been told, taking the medications is safer, but taking them or not taking them both cannot guarantee against another flair up or guarantee allowing remission to happen. Studies have found that taking some medications after surgery/flair ups are more likely to stop a reoccurence compared to not doing anything, but the results can differ for anyone. It is great that you can control your condition without medication, and there is no reason to think that this may ever change. Everyone is different, and being able to control their condition without meds is great.
05-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
devildee(donna2005)LOL

we are all differant
09-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #7
xrayzerase

i wish there were more links to chats like this..
very helpful..

Last edited by xrayzerase; 09-23-2006 at 12:37 PM.
09-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
Skinsfan1229

I think whats he's trying to point out is that inflammation gone untreated isnt a smart thing. And should be avoided if at all possible.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Chat transcript on choosing the right treatment for your Crohn's Disease