Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Fiber , blocking me up in so much pain ?

08-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
fosterschick

My Support Groups:
Fiber , blocking me up in so much pain ?

hello , just trying a few new things in my diet as things have been going pretty well with pred and gluten free and low fiber , now ive started trying things with wheat and fiber such as bran cereals , and omg what pain i am in right back in the place where i had all my major pain ( Lower right side near tummy button ) and i feel like i am blocked up , having some toothpasty poo's too ? anyone else found this .... oh i have aslo added some nuts and seeds in my diet and they seam to be comming out the same ??? lol x
08-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Its common for nuts and seeds to come out looking the same. Humans cannot digest fiber so its gonna go straight through. If you're going to try adding new things, do them a little bit at a time and one at a time and give it some time (meaning if it does nothing, give it another try but if its kills you immediately then stop) so you know how it actually affects your body. Maybe try fiber from fruits and vegetables (steamed, skinless and seedless, you will not digest them) before you get too hard core with it.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
fosterschick

My Support Groups:
crabby thanks for reply , i know what you mean about adding things slowly but oddly enough i have to 'get bad ' again so they can do the colonoscopy they should have done inthe first place grrrrrr , flipping doctors , its just the pain from the cereals i find soo bad , i wondered if anyone else on the bowel disease side experienced this ... ooouuuuchhhh , so wish the docs would just sort me out !!!xx
08-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
For me, fiber is tricky - and I'm in remission. I take 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks (soluble fiber) every day and that goes fine for me. However, one time I took 2 teaspoons of psyllium instead of one, and I was in such pain! I bloated out like crazy and had awful cramps. So yes, too much fiber in one sitting can cause some trouble for those of us who already have tummy troubles. Like Crabby said, be careful with it and start slowly, ease your way into eating fiber gradually. Can you do oatmeal? Small amounts of cooked/mushy oatmeal might be a good way to ease into fiber. I do oatmeal a few times a week now and that sits pretty well with me. Good luck and feel better soon!
09-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Dazzafarr

My Support Groups:
Pale poo is a symptom which can mean many things unfortunately.
It can mean all most every illness u could think of.
I would suggest getting a blood done to test for -
*anaemic.
*HLA-B27
*full blood count
*Ceoliac test
*kidney function test

Other tests - colonoscopy, CT scan abdominal.
Check gore bladder.

Good luck

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Fiber , blocking me up in so much pain ?