• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings from Asbury Park

Hello, I am so thrilled to discover this forum and all you wonderful people. I have CD but I am so lucky because I have a mild case. Somehow, I'm able to et and drink whatever I want except lettuce! I'm so saddened by how so many struggle with their Crohn's and related ailments. I had my 1st colonoscopy in 1999 and I have been living on Pentasa and Endocort since.

It's been so hard to find out anything pertinent regarding medications and treatments until I typed Crohn's and smoothies into google and found y'all.
Dealing with this disease has been a challenge until I started discussing it with a oncological nurse practitioner who was diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer 4+ years ago. Learning that we have to advocate for ourselves is one thing, doing it is a whole new challenge. My friend Sharon had to take her case before the state advocate because her insurer was denying her a treatment she knew she needed. In reading the personal stories, I'm amazed at how perplexing and difficult it is to get answers and choices.

Well, I hope to meet and make new friends and allies in our daily battle with feeling better. I guess it is because I'm dealing with a mild case that i truly believe there must be an answer for each and every one of us who have these issues. Be it diet, drugs, herbs or karma, I look forward to helping find those answers and choices with you. Lately I have been devoting a great deal of energy in changing my eating habits, trying to keep my flare ups mild. Looking forward to finding out what works and doesn't work.

See ya in the forums!

Dennis

Astra

Hiya Dennis
and welcome to the forum!

Yes, lots of Crohnie friends here for you.
Have you been on Entocort a long time then? I've only ever stayed on it for 3 months at a time to blitz a flare up.
Enjoy the forum
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Yes, but I never take the full dose, and when things are good, I cut it back to zero. I keep plenty on hand though because it works when I need it.

Angrybird

Hello Dennis and welcome to the forum, I am glad you have decided to join :)

It's great to hear you are doing well on the Pentesa, how often do you find that you need the Entocort? Do you still see a GI at all for routine check ups?

AB
xx

I will try to stay off Endocort for as long as possible. I have been seeing he GI every 3 months, but because of things being cool, I won't see him again for 6 months. We tried 6 MP twice and it was an awful experience. My focus now is diet, I wanna eat smarter.

David

Co-Founder
Hey Dennis and welcome to the community!

I can't agree with you more, advocating for yourself is SO IMPORTANT with this disease. Of course, that requires a tremendous amount of education and the slope with this disease is quite steep. That's one of the reasons this forum is so important in my opinion, it's a means for the community to collectively educate itself about IBD. As a result, everyone benefits.

Again, welcome! I'm really glad you found your way here.