Share Facebook

08-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Rachel

Reoccurring warts

Is there a correlation between reoccurring warts and Crohn's disease? No matter how often I get them burnt off of my leg, they always grow back. Why??
08-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
nursehill

I thought it was just me but I have been getting them on my legs too. One on arm. I've tried over the counter remedies but nothing seems to work. Have you had any luck with anything other than getting them taken off?

Have a great day.
09-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
kllyeve

My Support Groups:
Sorry, I haven't had any experience with warts but hope you find out some further info. I haven't heard of any correlation between Crohn's and Warts.

Hope you can find some relief. Have you asked your GI?
09-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
vanilla_chai

I get flesh colored warts (just look like thickened dots) and have since childhood but they show up more now. I typically pick them off (I know I shouldn't...) and I remember when I was on prednisone removing about 20 while talking to a friend one night. I'm just on Remicade now and I think I just have one (that I'm aware of)
09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
David
Co-Founder

The first thing I'd do if your body isn't fighting off the wart virus is get your vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels tested and get your vitamin D between 55 and 80 ng/mL and your vitamin B12 at 500 pg/mL or higher.

The reason I say this is warts are HPV (human papilloma virus) and studies have showcased an inverse relationship between HPV and vitamin B12 levels and that vitamin D plays a critical role as well. As deficiencies of B12 and D are prolific in people with Crohn's, that's where I'd start. Give your body the tools it needs to fight the little buggers.

The nice thing is, not only will it potentially help your wart issue, but it'll help in a ton of other ways as well
09-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
michaelearnest

I have had Crohns since 1988 and my Vitamin levels are fine. I have had a wart on my finger since 1980 that will not go away so to answer the question of Rachael I think the Crohns has something to do with it.

Michael Earnest - "Never Give Up on Your Gut"

Original DX - Crohns - 1987
Sulfa zine, Asacol, Pentassa, Remicade
Salofalk
Cal/Mag 125mg x2
Vit D 1000iu X 4
Ultram 50mg (As needed)
Resection Surgery - 2006
Currently on 50mg Imuran

Facebook Page - Kicking it for Crohns - Please go Like my page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kick-i...87635074683468

Email - [email protected] - Email me with any questions - 25 years experience!
09-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
David
Co-Founder

Michael,

What was your vitamin B12 level last time you were tested out of curiosity?
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
I get flesh colored warts (just look like thickened dots) and have since childhood but they show up more now. I typically pick them off (I know I shouldn't...) and I remember when I was on prednisone removing about 20 while talking to a friend one night. I'm just on Remicade now and I think I just have one (that I'm aware of)
I have them too, started on my legs and have a few on my arms and these flesh colored round growths now too popping up all over. What is up with crohns and all these skin problems? Weird!!
11-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #9
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I had them spring up, mainly on my neck and chest, when I started on Azathioprine. The IBD nurse told me to keep an eye on them and make sure they weren't growing significantly. Since I came off the Aza, some have disappeared and the rest have kind of shrunk.

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
11-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #10
mnsun

I've had exactly one wart. Ever. It was on my knee, appearing a couple years ago. I left it go for a year and a half, not thinking much of it. Then I used a Dr Scholls liquid nitrogen type spray, but it came back 3x. So I resorted to using an Epicor supplement for about a month everyday, 500mg a day. It gradually dried up and peeled off by itself. No joke. It worked for me. This was about a month and a half after the last Dr Scholls spray, so I think it's safe to say the Epicor did it. Just my experience.

I've since heard anectdotal info on how this product came about. Apparently this stuff is produced in a ?goat? milk factory in Iowa, and floats in the air where the workers then inhale it. I don't know the exact product this place primarily produced: protein, whey, ?. The story goes that the workers had a noticeable drop in absences, during flu season, so the company thought they had a product on their hands. I heard thru a health store the above story, in Cedar Rapids, and the lady elaborated that her son with Lymes used it to dampen his symptoms with great effect, also. All I know is that it seemed to work for me.

It has to do with the cell walls of saccaromyces cervasei, ?brewers yeast?, producing a good sugar/polysaccaride which modulates the immune system. Check spelling, it's 3 am...
11-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
leahsmom

My Support Groups:
Yes my daughter gets them all the time and has had them burned off but they do come back. A month before her crohns dx we were at the doctors office inquiring about warts on her stomach