• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate crohns

hi all, just joined as am looking out for the new info of a large bowel transplant as had mine removed last year on my third op from having 2 colostomy bags.
Living life on anti biotics and lopperimide now but cant hold much in as only have enought bowel from the small bowel to the rectum.

Its good to be hear amongst other crohns patients.

My private doc said it will be avalible to us in uk in about two years!!! Hooray

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Just to confirm you GI has said you are heading towards a transplant in the future? We have had a really wonderful chap called Michael join us and he has had a transplant done - he lives in the UK by the way - so do check out this thread to read his story: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=31907&highlight=Michaelseres.

Also just to clarify do you still have a colostomy bag or have the docs now done an internal join? Are the above mentioned meds the only treatment you are on for your crohns? Not sure you have already heard of these and whether they can help but I have seen mention of psyllium husks with regards to short bowel syndrome, check this thread out for info on these: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=13856.

Am glad you have decided to join!

AB
xx

hi ya, i first had an op to have a colostomy bag to rest my ever fayel colon then reversed but only lasted six months till crohns came back so ithen had another colostomy bag and my colon removed.
Then six months later i had the bag removed and they left enough of my colon to reconnect to small bowel and that where i am now, just living of the tablets mentioned above.
I have had alot of steroids, humira, microfenilate, and lots of others tried on me to no joy!!
i only seemd to have crohns now at the terminal ilium and not so bad ar rectum, but they hope to fit a new colon when it is allowed as they can only do a small bowel transplant so far>!!
i like this forum its a great read!!
s
x