• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

John Holmes

Hello,

I have had Crohn's for about 40 years, and have just got around to joining a forum.

I have a mild form, I have had peri-anal abscesses, the last of which struck 5 years ago, a I sit here now, I am in the middle of a 'Crohn's attack' which manifests itself in the form of migraine like headaches; aching joints; diarrhoea; orange stools (TMI); red scald like skin rashes and excessive throat mucus.

Other than that, Crohn's does not affect me at all, oh no. Except, ever visit to the toilet is like a game of Russian Roulette (Constipation??; Diarrhoea??).

Other than that, all is well.

Got to laugh.

David

Co-Founder
Hey John and welcome to the community!

40 years? Wow. I think you're one of the longer and maybe even the longest diagnosed patients we have here. I bet you have all kinds of amazing wisdom and knowledge you could share :)

Orange stools is a new one for me. Does your doctor know what is causing that?

See you around! :)

John, I'm a new CD/UC person, too, and this is my first post on the site. However, my ears picked up when you said you have orange stools. Sometimes I do, too. I figured it was probably due to bilirubin, but haven't been able (yet) to find what it really is, or if it's truly related to CD.

Your post made me laugh at the end--thanks!

Angrybird

Hello John and welcome to the forum :)

Out of interest what meds have you been on for your crohns? I take it your are now back at the GI about this recent flare?

AB
xx

hi John , my Brother has had it for that long too , so your not alone , my understanding of lack of pigment in the stool is lack of vitamins , especially the B's, , mines green atm .. lol Ive got problems with my gall bladder tho , we could probably make a rainbow between us all :) Take care ..

Astra

Well when I say subscribe, I meant join, it's free. Some useful info and it covers mental health, diet etc
xx