• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just the beginning

Well hello, I'm Lilith and i'm 20 years old. I was diagnosed with Crohn's -Colitis back in December in 2012. The symptoms were there, constant and bloody bowel movements and spent a good five days in the hospital. I was given Asacol, predninsone and 6MP. Later on my gastroenterologist put me on some rectal medication. So I would say I was doing well, I had a few occasional abdominal pain and minor flare up in between and I was going to school. This May I had a major flare up that landed me in the hospital for 3 weeks. I'm not really a fan of hospitals, so to be honest I don't know how I survived being there. On the day that I got out I got a panic attack or some sort of panic crisis again I don't know why. A few weeks after I got out of the hospital I was doing awesome the abdominal completely stopped and things were goods. On late July I got a flare up again and it has not completely gone away. I feel weak most of the time, tired but can't sleep, stressed out and specially right now since school started. I feel more restless and sort sad. My stomach right now is behaving but I feel stressed, more nervous , it feels like my heart rate is always up. To be honest I'm scared about the uncertainty.

Welcome to the forum, I like the name Lilith, is that your real name? What kind of medications are you currently on? As you will read in the forums its important to get your vitamin levels checked as some of the anxiety and heart rate issues will go away when you supplement your vitamin deficiencies. The other thing I recommend is talking with your doctor about anxiety medication, especially if you are starting school again. The brain has a way of causing and making flares worse. How is your diet and are you taking a probiotic?

Angrybird

Hello Lilith and welcome to the forum :)

I was also wondering what meds you are currently on and whether any of your vitamin levels had been checked? Also what symptoms with the tum are you still experiencing.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Lilith and welcome to the community :)

Are you still on prednisone? If so, what dose?

If not, I agree with the posters above about vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Vitamin B12 and magnesium would be two that would be high on my list to get tested with the symptoms you're describing. Such deficiencies are common in people with Crohn's. But it would be good to get every one they're willing to test, tested.