• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's has been out of control, too many stressors I suppose

I have had three deaths in my family back to back, and the stress is overwhelming. I ended up in the hospital back in May, with EXTREME exacerbation of Crohns, and a small bowel obstruction. They wanted to do surgery, but I am not ready for that. I have lived with this for 10 years, but the last several years have gotten so much worse. I live on a fixed income, have no transportation, and have limited access to healthcare. I don't have a clue what to do. I guess right now I am frustrated more than anything else.

Dear lilwing63, Im really glad you found the forum! This has been so amazingly helpful to me!there are so many things that I have learned here that have helped me body,mind, and spirit..and it's free:)
I realize it's so so hard on a fixed income. I am on a fixed income too having had to go on disability retirement ten years ago but I am very fortunate to have great health insurance through my disability with the Feds. I know it's scary to consider surgery. I have had too many. Is there any public assistance you can get to help with the cost of meds and or surgery? Sometimes going to a university hospital can give many bonuses..like the most up to date treatments, financial assistance programs and such.
Stress whether physical or mental play a big part in my crohns flares. It has never caused my crohns mind you but it does affect it. I am also all for a more natural way to heal and have tried them all including different diets. None were sufficient in keeping me in remission. They helped to calm down symptoms but I didn't experience a lasting period of time without crohns to be honest. But we are all different.
I'm glad you are here and really sad you have had to deal with so much over this past year!:kiss:

I have had three deaths in the family (including my own son), and six of our very close friends die over the past five years. I am only 45. I just got diagnosed with CD. I really think stress does have a correlation with Crohn's. I am sorry about what you are going through. I really like this forum and am glad you joined. I hope you find some release in your frustration here. =)