• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story...i guess

I was diagnosed with crohn's at the age of 12 and am now on humira. I have had many surgeries and have suffered a lot throughout the years.

I knew something was wrong after i started losing weight and I stopped eating as much because i knew it was so painful to go to the restroom. After 2 doctors and a visit to the mayo clinic they knew what i had and recommended humira to treat it.

Long story short i have had more colonoscopy's than an old folks home, and i am doing better now. I had a very long story typed up but decided short and sweet would be better, so i deleted it and typed this.

Well i'm new here and i am just looking for friends, advice, and help.:eek:

Hello there - I have had Crohns since 1988 and tons of colonoscopy's as well, so I know what your going through. I have led a great life, I still work out 3 times a week, coach-play-referee in soccer. Crohns will just alter how you go about activities and how you eat. Count on me as one of your new friends

Timboslice - welcome to the forum:)

You have come to a great place! Anytime you have a question, or just need some friendship and support, send us a line.

If you went to the trouble of writing out your story you should have posted it:)

So you were diagnosed at age 12 - how long ago was that? Have you had crohn's for a long time?

Timboslice - welcome to the forum:)

You have come to a great place! Anytime you have a question, or just need some friendship and support, send us a line.

If you went to the trouble of writing out your story you should have posted it:)

So you were diagnosed at age 12 - how long ago was that? Have you had crohn's for a long time?
I am 17 now, A senior in high school. Yea i should have posted it but, that's not me lol. I have always been the quiet/man of few words type. I do have some questions though... how has nicotine effected you?(if you have ever smoked) I would never smoke cigs. but i do smoke cigars with my father.

Hello there - I have had Crohns since 1988 and tons of colonoscopy's as well, so I know what your going through. I have led a great life, I still work out 3 times a week, coach-play-referee in soccer. Crohns will just alter how you go about activities and how you eat. Count on me as one of your new friends
That's cool man, its good to know that even after a couple years you can still handle it effectively.

And no i have not asked my doctor about it because its only been a couple of times. I have noticed that it makes me feel a lot worse for the rest of the day.