• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello Everyone

D

Darkorchid

Hello!! Let me first start off by saying that I am so glad to have found this forum. I was diagnosed w/Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitus in December of 2008. After being sick for about a month and the doctors not being able to figure out what was wrong with me was a pretty scary time in my life. I am slowly learning to deal with this disease. And I can say that it is literally a pain in the butt to have. I would not wish this upon anyone. One question I do have is does anyone experience heartburn at all with this. I have been having terrible heartburn off and on for the last few weeks and not sure if it is part of the disease or not. All I know is I am tired of taking all the pills and not feeling well a lot of the time. I look forward to reading a lot more on the forums and getting to know different people. It is nice to be able to read other peoples stories and to know that someone can relate to the intolerability to this darn disease.

Hey Dark Welcome to the Forums. I too am a newbie around here great place with lots of info.... I also get heartburn from time to time havent really figured out what causes it though but when I get it I get it bad. Everytime time I have anew symptom i jump on here and after looking around I find Im not the only one and sometimes can find a tip on what may cause it or what may stop it. Check in here often I thought I knew just about everything there was to know about CD boy was I wrong. Once again Welcome.

we have a time traveller here! diagnosed in dec 2008? :D

welcome darko! get used to the drugs matey, we all hate them but a lot of the time they do help.

i usedd to get agonising heartburn and acid reflux, mention it to yur doc and they should be able to give you some pretty decent meds for that.

best wishes.

D

Darkorchid

lol I meant December of 2007. I will definitly ck with the doc just wasnt sure if it was related to the crohns or not. When my gi dr. diagnosed me he told me that the saying that foods and stress have anything to do w/flare ups etc is a myth. Somehow as time progresses I am finding that hard to believe. Seems that it starts acting up the most for me when i am stressed. And certain foods do trigger problems. So far I have found that reading different posts on this forum has been very informative which is a true blessing. Currently taking Asocol 3times a day along w/the Entorcort 3 times a day. I have heard that taking fish oil does help so I have been considering checking into that as weel.

yup, food and stress both seem to play a major part in this fun disease.

as for fish oil, a lot of people swear by its benefits, i used to as well, but in the end i found it detrimental to my own case. apparantly is also a diarhetic. try it for yourself and see what happens, you'll very quickly learn whats good for you and whats not.

and yeah, this site was the best thing i've ever found on the net regarding crohns. great place full of a diverse group of people all here trying to help each other.

My GI has told me that food doesn't trigger flares, but stress defiantly does. I don't know if there is any actual evidence of this, but I'm willing to take his word for it.

I think foods and stress just upset the digestive track, but don't actually "cause" a flare so that is why docs say that. Mine said the same thing. Whatever.

I never got heartburn until this disease so I think it is due to the disease. If your meds are not working I would talk to your GI. I thought I just had to live with feeling horrible, then I ended up in Urgent Care and put on different meds. I feel so much better now. I think you need to find the right foods that don't upset you, keep stress levels down, and find meds that work for you.

Welcome to the forum!

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Welcome aboard.

I'm on Asacol at this time, and have also been prescribed Prevacid (also used for heartburn) although I really don't have heartburn symptoms. It's more to aid in digestion, I'm told.

I've been hoping for a general improvement in order to avoid prednisone (would rather have Entocort if it comes down to it).

This is a good forum to exchange experiences and gain insight into the disease. Glad to have another "Crohnnie" aboard.

Heartburn was bad for me in the when I started Asacol. I haven't had any lately, but almost anything digestive seems to be involved in CD....yeah us....lol
I found this site 2+ years ago after having CD for nearly 20 years, I love the people and support available.

Welcome :)