Share Facebook

09-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
KWalker

Wow, big update! I just dodged a bullet!! I went out for a small walk this morning and when I came home it felt like my underwear were wet. Well, they were indeed soaked and covered in blood/fluids from the abscess that popped drained itself. It was quite messy cleaning up as it was draining quite heavily but it is almost completely gone now and feels 100% better.

I immediately called my surgeon to see if I needed to go to the hospital right away and she actually said that if its opened and draining/drained then there's no need to do surgery!

Previous Meds:
Prednisone
Remicade
Humira
Methotrexate (oral)
Methotrexate (injections)
Cipro
Flagyl

Current Treatment:
200mg Simponi, Psyllium
09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #32
karj

My Support Groups:
That's great KWalker!
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #33
lizzy16
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Oh what a relief!! That's really good to avoid surgery again and you must be feeling a lot better with the infection gone.

Diagnosed with Crohn's colitis October 2011
150mg Imuran
Started Humira 40mg 26/03/13
Vit D Supplement

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done."
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #34
KWalker

I do feel a lot better! I had an appointment at school this afternoon so I went for a little and it is sore once walking around where the hole is so I'm hoping that feels better soon. I'm also nervous as to how much is left to drain that could come out from sitting on the hard chairs at school so I'm hesitant as to whether or not I'm going to go to class for a few days until I know for sure there's nothing left...atleast no blood.
09-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #35
annawato

My Support Groups:
Sorry K, here I am offering emotional support then I disappear. We've actually been away for the last week caravanning up the coast while I was well enough to escape from the doctors! Great news that the abscess self drained, has it improved since your last post? ie are you able to attend class again?
And yes stress is definitely a trigger for me. i think a lot of people find this but not sure why. Anyway, hope all is going ok now,
Anna

you name it, i've tried and failed it! currently on- waiting to see whats new and reducing pred
temp. ileostomy reversed feb 2011, new ileostomy, nov 2012
4 resections plus removal of adhesions etc, recurrent intestinal abscesses
lyme disease, depression, sacroileitis, chronic pain and......Crohn's..........
09-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #36
KWalker

Hey, no problem! I hope you guys had fun . I am since doing so much better and it almost gone! I have returned to class and although it ocassionally gives me discomfort depending on what I'm sitting on, I have been sitting through all my lectures without pain meds! The surgeon said as long as its not giving me pain and has gone down in size than there is no need to do surgery right now
09-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #37
annawato

My Support Groups:
Good news. All the best.