• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Comer! Feel free to chat

Hello everyone,

My name is Lakeith Jackson Jr. but everyone that knows me calls me Keith. I am 20 years old and attend Buffalo State College. I enjoy socializing with my friends, playing video games both old and new (yes i am a super gamer, PS:WhosMyVickTim1, XboxLive:WhosMyVickTim1) , i enjoy watching movies and listening to music im influenced by both pop culture and the world that we live in i was always a kid that questioned life and its potential. Which led me to question why would i be diagnosed with a incurable disease at 18 years old during my freshman year of college while being a rugby player :stinks: .. but ive long gotten over that denial road it took me lots of nauseous and vomiting nights :voodoo: and even a hospital stay for the majority of the summer to come to terms that i will be living with Crohns for the rest of my life. Growing up i never had any ailment with my health but am glad now i am living and breathing and can say that i am truly blessed to be alive. I joined this forum to open up more and talk to people that arent suffering (well we all do at times but we pull through), but just to talk and share thoughts with people that do have an IBD and relate to the many special people out there. You sometimes feel alone when your intestines attack you and you question how can yourself attack yourself:ywow: .. but the sun rises the next day and theres always something to smile and be happy about in this world we live in. Thank you for reading my long intro i got carried away but im excited to start chatting with everyone and read people's stories. Have a great day! BTW if you are a medical marijuana supporter and the hemp revolution please feel free to talk about that because there truely is a beneficiary behind it all once we look past the crime and governmental hold on such a simple yet natural plant!

Ask for my twitter and facebook if you have one

Attachments

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I am pleased you have decided to join :)

It is never easy when first diagnosed and there is so much to take in and accept, it certainly looks like you have been able to come through it all with the right attitude.
Out of interest how is your tum now? Are you on any meds and if so which ones? We have got a sub forum for medical marijuana in the treatment section if you want to check this out.

AB
xx

So far my tummy is doing okay i am on a full bowel rest because i was discharged from the hospital about a week and a half ago after having a small bowel obstruction. It was my third this summer and was surgery stressed because there are possible strictures, but i was suffering from protein and calorie malnutrition. I am still on TPN after three weeks and will be on it for a few more weeks until my G.I. doctor decides to go with the surgical or still to medical route. Its a challenge because im on a clear liquids diet but i just want to eat anyways ive never been this restricted with my diet and when i was in the hospital i was regulated with pain medicine (liquid morphine) and that helped with my pain and provided reasonable comfort but due to all the illegal issues with it being a narcotic m G.I.wont even prescribe me it he wants me to take tylenol extra strength like candy every four hours.

Current meds im on are:
1.Prednisone 30 mg, tapering 5mg weekly
2.Humira starter kit today, 2pens 80mg in two weeks

Angrybird

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well at the moment. Are the docs going to be doing any further testing to confirm if you definetly do have strictures and require surgery or are they playing the wait and see game?

Also have they checked any of your vitamin levels at all?

I dont have any appointments until Tuesday with my G.I. i will definitely reply back once i find out but i believe it will be the wait and see game. Its difficult because i would like to just have the surgery and be in possible remission for years instead of weeks and be once again admitted into the hospital. i currently am living at home because of the tpn and i attend college an hour away. I had to take online classes this semester and i am only missing about a month so far but it feels so much longer because im not living in my apartment and my friends are enjoying the start of their independent life while i have to stick to a routine which i have adjusted to enough to work on my own. Being an only child doesnt help either and my parents are so sanitary about my picc line when i have been changing my TPN bag ever since i was taught. Because of all this it has made me somewhat sad and stressed im just looking for alternative ways to deal with my stress.

Angrybird

Do keep us updated on things go at the appt next week, make sure that you don't leave until you are happy with what the plan is going forward. I do hope that things can improve for you soon.

Okay i totally understand that because my G.I. definitely just sits there and goes with the same plan as usual. As far as im concerned i want to be off of TPN A.S.A.P. ive gained almost 20 pounds and its difficult because i still get water weight in my feet so i cant wear shoes. Time will tell but Tuesday is taking forever to come by.