• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Intro

Hello,
My name is Lori. I've had symptoms for about 5 years or more. Went through 3 colonoscopys. I've always had polyps removed, last one he said was growing. Other then that and some internal hemmorids, inflamation in the colon, I've always been diagnosed with IBS. Also, the last colonoscopy my dr couldn't get through the terminal ilieum to test me for Crohns. My daughter was diagnosed with UC 4 yrs ago but recently diagnosed with Crohns, having the same symptoms as myself. I'm going to have the capsule camera procedure done sometime next week. Hopefully that will show what's going on. I've also had a colon infection for the last 5 going on 6 months that won't go away. Been treated with 3 rounds of flagel, 2 rounds of vacomyicin now with a higher dosage. I hope this will be the end of it since I have another week on it. Well that pretty much of my story. I'm glad to be a part of this forum.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

During the scope's do you know if any biopsies were taken and if so what did they show? Are the docs saying the inflammation is down to the infection? Are they definetly sure this is what you have - I only ask because 5 months is a long time to have one. Have you noticed any improvement on the meds? Have you tried any dietary changes and if so did this help at all? We do also have an undiagnosed sub forum here with a great bunch of people to also have a chat with: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75.

Pls keep us updated on how things go.

AB
Xx

Thank you for the welcome. It's been over a week and a half since I've been on these strong antibiotics and been having so much pain in my right side mostly. The doctor's finally scheduling me for the camera capsule test on Thursday. Hopefully, that will show up something so we can figure out what's going on. They do believe it's not just the infection. The biopsies they did came out normal. As far as the inflamation, he never said anything else about it but in prior colonoscopies, I had some inflamation in the colon.

I will post an update when I get the test results from this latest test. I'm so glad to have found this forum. Thank you.