Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Steroid injection on the 18th

09-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
KayleighMeek
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Steroid injection on the 18th

Hello,

I can't wait for the 18th to come round as I will be having a steroid injection into my left knee joint to try and get rid of the last of my arthritis. If it works I will be in the best health I have been in a long time. I want to get back to doing excercise classes and being able to do normal things without the joint playing up. Has anyone else had this type of injection? I know its going to be uncomfortable so any advice would be great. Then hopefully if everything keeps going to plan I can see about eventually coming off methotrexate yay.
Wishing everyone well xx
09-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
StarGirrrrl

My Support Groups:
If you mean a standard steroid injection then yes i've had two.

It was very unpleasant going into my painful area but was soon over. I did notice a spike in the pain levels that lasted exactly 24 hours both times.

It cured my ankle (amazing because I tore the ligament, scar tissue formed and thus was in pain every day for 2 years!).

Didn't do anything for my shoulder sadly but no-one knows what causes that pain yet. 39 days of Pred didn't do anything either!

Really nothing to worry about.
2014 IDA & low B12.

June 2014 admitted to Hospital 3 nights as emergency transfused 2 units of blood. Dangerous case of anaemia.
Caught by pure chance!
Cause currently unknown but suspected CD.

Waiting on blood & stool results from January.

Hoping to stop anaemia treatment soon & lower B12 daily dose!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Steroid injection on the 18th