• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings from FL!

T

Tnate

Hey everyone, this is a great forum with some pretty ladies on it. :)
Glad to have joined!

Well my story is nothing special. I think I pinpointed why I developed the pesky ailment though.

I saw the other thread asking for people to put why they think they developed the disease and for me I think it was because I was playing a ton of WoW(I saw some of u guys play) at the time and didn't give my body a chance to strech out. I don't think that is the only reason but I think it is what tipped me over the edge so to speak.

I have been diagnosed for about 2 years now. I don't bleed hardly ever anymore but I do have joint pain and diahrea still.

I'm on asacol/canasa at the moment.

I've also only been diagnosed with UC but the doc said there was disease on the left side of my colon. So he said it could be crohn's.

Does anyone know how come my colonoscopy didn't say one or the other?

I didn't realize I still had diahrea till recently either. I got some cort shots by a rheum and when I shit that day it was nearly beautiful. At that point I said oh shit I've been telling my GI doc that I haven't had diahrea.

Has anyone ever gone through this though? I am young-23 and love to lift weights and play sports. I eat pretty normal, I don't eat especially well or bad either.

My joint pain does go down when I eat really well but that doesn't always happen. So I am stuck here trying to pinpoint my joint problems and I really think it's the arthritis that can go along with the disease. Anyone have trouble getting the dx from UC to crohn's like this? Or gone through the untreated joint pain?

I am trying to get on one of those biologics. The cort shorts worked on my joint pain for like 3 days then it came right back. Oh I've also been dx'd with tendinitis in my shoulder. That is one of the reasons I think it is the arthritis.

Hope that wasn't too long... Nice to meet everyone!

Last edited:
heyo Tnate,

welcome to the forums!

crohns and colitus can often be very hard to diagnose. even once they make a diagnosis it still feel like they are about to say "buuuuuut, it could be the other one"...

very similar diseases, but UC only occours in the large intestine, so thats one benefit for thoase sufferers.

the arthritus will come and go. many things seem to make it better/worse without us ever knowning what....

methotrexate and plaquinel are currently working wonders for me, maybe mention thoes two to your doctor before trying the biologics? see if tis any good for you as well?

and if your a WoW player, you may like some of the forum spammers that come here every so often, you'll have your golden pants and +27 dexterity in no time:)

T

Tnate

jed said:
heyo Tnate,

welcome to the forums!

crohns and colitus can often be very hard to diagnose. even once they make a diagnosis it still feel like they are about to say "buuuuuut, it could be the other one"...

very similar diseases, but UC only occours in the large intestine, so thats one benefit for thoase sufferers.

the arthritus will come and go. many things seem to make it better/worse without us ever knowning what....

methotrexate and plaquinel are currently working wonders for me, maybe mention thoes two to your doctor before trying the biologics? see if tis any good for you as well?

and if your a WoW player, you may like some of the forum spammers that come here every so often, you'll have your golden pants and +27 dexterity in no time:)
My doc has talked about methotrexate but I am wondering if that will help with mid back pain. That other med is that like an antifungal? That med seems neat.

hehe- as far as wow it's an evil video game! it's actually really fun but it takes up a lot of time.

Welcome fellow Floridian!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting diagnosed. Everyone is probably getting tired of hearing me say this, lol, but have you tried changing your diet? I know you said that when you eat better the joint pain stays down? How about eating well all the time? There are specific diets for our type of illnesses. Some of them are harder to follow than others, and some work for some people, but not others. I firmly believe in diet change though. When I ate a bad diet, I felt bad all the time, and my symptoms were exacerbated! If you're interested in the SCD check out the book in my signature. If you want to go a different approach, check out the book list in the book reviews section. Good Luck!

jed said:
Who's the 'Leroy Jenkins' of the community?

Welcome to the forums Tnate! :)

M

mrs. vr

kromom1 said:
Okay, I'm an idiot - what's WoW? And welcome to the forum, Tnate!

Lisa
Lisa, WoW=World of Warcraft. It's a (dare I say it) computer game that you play with other people online.