Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Do fissures bleed normally???

09-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Irene3

My Support Groups:
Do fissures bleed normally???

Sorry for TMI, but I feel like I've got razor blades coming out of my fissure?/ fistula-. Applying ointment was the worst to date today, and I'm getting a little blood in my stool. Very watered down- but I guess that's cos my stools are pretty much water. Would it be the fissure, or should I tell my gp? My GI said I'm supposed to tell him if there's ever blood in my stool, but I don't think it's another bowel abscess. I'm guessing my bowels would hurt a lot more if it was!?!
Currently on long term prednisone,6mp,humira, nizoral, and vit supplements,b12 shots.

Love the forum
09-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
michaelearnest

I would tell your doctor / GI on any blood.

Michael Earnest - "Never Give Up on Your Gut"

Original DX - Crohns - 1987
Sulfa zine, Asacol, Pentassa, Remicade
Salofalk
Cal/Mag 125mg x2
Vit D 1000iu X 4
Ultram 50mg (As needed)
Resection Surgery - 2006
Currently on 50mg Imuran

Facebook Page - Kicking it for Crohns - Please go Like my page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kick-i...87635074683468

Email - [email protected] - Email me with any questions - 25 years experience!
09-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Emily2

I currently have a fissure any they can bleed. I dont have alot of blood with mine, just enough to notice it on the tp. I would do as Michael said tell your doctor. Are you taking any medication for the fissure?
09-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Yes tell your GI and no you don't have to be in a lot of pain to be bleeding further up in the GI tract.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
09-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
Irene3

My Support Groups:
Emily- I have ointment for it, but otherwise I'm on humira for the crohns which is supposed to help fissures and fistulas. It's not bleeding at the moment, and it's better, but I think I'll use the ointment a few more times and hopefully it will heal it. If it was from the fistula then I don't know.
09-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Lil Beak

I have an anal fistula, and it's inner hole (just inside my anus) does not bleed, but does feel like the pain of a fissure when i have a BM. i was convinced i was dealing with a fissure when the fistula inner pain developed, but i explained the pain to the Colorectal Surgeon and he said he didnt think it was a fissure, but more the pain of the fistula inside. I trust his opinion about it.

I also started noticing that the pain was exactly where the inner hole of the fistula is (i know exactly where the hole is because when i push on the tract to expel fluid from the outer hole, fluid actually comes out of a particular spot within my anus each time).

I don't know if this helps at all. But do you know if you have a fistula?

Currently: In a flare (just fever and diarrhea 3-4 x daily) since late Sept 2012.
And an anal abscess turned fistula since August 2012.

Surgeries / procedures: 3 incision & drainage procedures for recurring anal abscesses. Successful surgery to place a non-cutting seton on Oct 4, 2012.

Current Meds:

Colazal capsules (6 x a day, 9 when flaring)
Going to start 6MP in the near future

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Do fissures bleed normally???