• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sick of being Sick...

Anyone know a good doctor in Sanford, Florida? I looked here but the closest one is Lake Mary...I have moved so much my records are all over the place. Been diagnosed with what I believe is all the wrong things. IBS, Diverticulitis, Pelvic Inflammatory, and others. Sick of the pain, fevers, antibiotics, tests...my last doctor suspected Crohns but didn't get a chance to do the proper tests. Just a colonoscopy but wanted to do the camera thingy. I was tested for B12 deficiency and used to get B12 shots monthly. I am not sure about the vitamin D...? Any suggestions?

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting on a definitive diagnosis :(

I live across the pond so could not advise on a good doc for you to check out but we do have a doctor review forum which may be worth looking at in case one is mentioned here in your area: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79.

Out of interest what did the colonoscopy show, were any biospsies taken and did you manage to get the results of these?

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Sharbear,

We have eight highly reviewed doctors here in Florida but I'm not sure if any are close to Sanford.

If none are close to you then I'd suggest going to a general practitioner and getting a few referrals and calling and seeing if any sound good to you. It sounds like you're suffering a lot and deserve to have this figured out and properly treated.

*hugs*

Judith

Crohnsforum Science Advisor
Welcome Sharbear,
It can be extremely difficult to find a great doctor, especially when you move a lot. I move frequently too.... although I have not lived in Florida - Yet! Although I cannot help with your specific need for a Florida based MD, I do feel your frustration with your current situation. Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find an excellent doctor that you trust and feel is working in your best interest. But once you do, they are SO worth the aggravation it took to get there!
Good Luck and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Welcome and I am sorry that you haven't gotten answers and I hope you are able to find a really good Dr. This support system is great and everyone has been really supportive and it helps so please don't give up.

Hugs :)