Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. William Chamberlin of Billings, Montana

Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
NameDr. William M Chamberlin
Address1144 N 28th St #C
 Billings, Montana, 59101
 United States
Websitehttp://www.svh-mt.org
Phone406-238-6380
BioSt Vincent Physician Network-GI Center

Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
Tufts Medical School in Boston,Massachuettes
Internal Medicine @ William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
 View Directory Entry
09-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
acheallova
Forum Monitor

Dr. Chamberlin is so upbeat and enthusiastic about your tx. He is very personable and easy to talk to. He explains everything. He is not afraid to think out of the box for your treatment. He is currently working with colleagues on the mechanism of MAP in Crohns disease and alternative treatments. He's not afraid to go the next step, but you never go it alone- he is by your side every step of the way.

Rating:
4 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility
Clofazamine Divigel®
Rifampin Nystatin
Diflucan®
Zofran®
Percocet®
Valium®
Probiotics
Vitamin B complex
Vitamin D
Been on: Cipro® Vancomycin® Phenergan®(allergy)
Flagyl® Dilaudid® Biaxin®(allergy)
10-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
tichard

I have talked with Dr. Chamberlin va phone and considering traveling from SC to MT to see him. Are you considering the map treatment? (Long term high doseage antibiotics) If so how is going?

Dr. Chamberlin is so upbeat and enthusiastic about your tx. He is very personable and easy to talk to. He explains everything. He is not afraid to think out of the box for your treatment. He is currently working with colleagues on the mechanism of MAP in Crohns disease and alternative treatments. He's not afraid to go the next step, but you never go it alone- he is by your side every step of the way.

Rating:
3 / 5 Bedside Manner
3 / 5 Knowledgeable
3 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
3 / 5 Ease of accessibility
05-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
irishgal

My Support Groups:
Love Dr. Chamberlin! One in a million. He treats the patient as an equal partner in their own care, and takes the time to fully answer questions. His only goal is to heal the patient, and he goes above and beyond any GI I've ever met. He uses Anti-MAP therapy in his practice, along with other forward thinking treatments. He will see patients from around the world, and has even consulted with my local doctor to begin my AMAT therapy. Dr. Chamberlin literally saved my life! Such a refreshing and much needed counter to the current GI establishment.

He now practices in Las Cruces, NM at MountainView Regional.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
Currently on: Anti-MAP therapy and loving life! Full remission since Jan 2015. Clarithromycin, rifampin and low dose naltrexone. (Levofloxicin had too many side effects so discontinued after 5 months.) Resources on human MAP and Crohn's here: HumanPara.org.

Past (failed) Treatments: Remicade, Humira, Prednisone, Pentasa, Azulfadine, Lialda, No gluten/dairy/sugar/coffee or processed food in general. Flagyl worked but not long term.
03-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #5
GratefulCrohnsMom

Dr. Chamberlin's protocol had truly amazing results with my daughter's disease. It was challenging to have the blood collected and sent to the lab in New Zealand, it was expensive and challenging to fly from NJ to NM last February (2016). Dr. Chamberlin and his staff were so supportive and encouraging and accommodating every step of the way, and Las Cruces NM is very beautiful in February.
My daughter was so sick and weak - she had been on Remicade, without effect for years and we had tried many alternative treatments with very little effect except her GLUTEN FREE diet definitely reduced the digestive symptoms. She had an active fistula for 7 years, sores on her legs, severe anemia - We weren't sure she would make it to college. Her gastro doc ordered a Quant Gold TB test as a routine measure, and when it came up POSITIVE, but she was showing no signs of TB, I became suspicious. I searched NIH.GOV and found Dr. Chamberlin's information. I contacted Dr. Chamberlin's office and made an appointment. We followed all his instructions, collected blood, sent it to Dr. Aitken in New Zealand and received a positive result for MAP. We made the trip over winter break vacation and took the hike in the desert up to the old, abandoned tuberculosis sanitorium. She could barely make it and had to stop and rest at every opportunity.
After a few months on Dr. Chamberlin's protocol, all her skin manifestations had mostly healed, but she still felt very weak and tired. Her gastroenterologist at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia put her on self-injectable Humira every 2 weeks and she continues with the antibiotic protocol and gluten free diet. Dr Chamberlin and Dr Aitken have faithfully kept in touch with us by email. By the time she had to move into the dorm in August for her Freshman year of college, she felt better than she had in years, though she still could not keep up with her peers and had to rest more frequently.
ONE year later, her blood tests show complete remission regarding inflammation markers and her skin issues are gone, only the scars remain to remind us of the years of suffering. She stays up late, goes out into the city with her friends, gets good grades, and lives the typical college student lifestyle. This is a dream come true for me!
I am so grateful for Dr. Chamberlin and Dr. Aitken and all the doctors who helped to develop this treatment and who are continuing to develop the MAP vaccine. Because of their persistent efforts, I have hope that my daughter will have a better quality of life than I ever thought possible.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. William Chamberlin of Billings, Montana