• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate my guts!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Shannon, I'm 24 years old and I got diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in Feb. 2011. I have been on a ton of medicines and still trying to figure out what works. I currently am taking Augmentin, 6-MP, Cipro, Entocort (don't know if that's spelled right, I don't have my bottle close), and Cimzia. I have had probably 10-15 abscesses and 4 fistulas (all with setons). I just had a seton placement done 2 weeks ago and already have another abscess. There hasn't been a change in the Crohn's that is located in my ileum. Which is good that it hasn't gotten worse, but bad that it's not gotten better. My doctors want me to try Remicade before they do surgery but the cost of the medicine is a HUGE factor! At this point I am completely frustrated!! If anyone has suggestions or advice please feel free to comment.

Hey Shannon. I don't have to go on injections yet, actually doing "aternative" therapy or rogue treatment with my CD and guidance grom my GI, but what i wanted to offer to you is: if you make the choice to go on Remicade- google it, get the manufacturer and fill out the forms they offer. I have been able to provide ways for my customers to get asistance with the cost of meds like these. This would be the best i can offer on obtaining that. Most manufacturers can/will send you either 3,6 or 12 months at little or no cost to you. Hope this helps....- Hugs-
Wecome to the group. Hoe you get feeling better :)

David

Co-Founder
Hi Shannon and welcome.

Wow, that's a lot of abscesses and fistulae :( I'm so sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.

In addition to the treatments you're receiving, have any of your doctors brought up the idea of utilizing total enteral nutrition?

All my best to you.

Angrybird

Hello Shannon,

I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling to get on a treatment regime that can get you better, I really hope that things can change for you soon. I don't have anything further to add but just wanted to say 'welcome' to the forum.

AB
xx