Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » First time for cimzia

09-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
hannahni

First time for cimzia

I start cimzia tomorrow. I've been really excited for this, but I got the package in the mail yesterday and now I'm completely freaking out! Is it easy to learn how to give them to yourself? I know that I will be able to do it, but I can't help but be nervous about it. I really can't wait for tomorrow though. Today was so painful that I really hope it starts working right away. Anyone who has been on it and has any tips at all it would be appreciated!
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
spikethegoat

My Support Groups:
I start cimzia around the same time you did. I just did by second starter dose last wednesday. I'm sorry I don't have any tips yet I haven't learned to give them to myself yet either. My gastro doc is 2 hours away and they gave me my first ones, but my regular doc will give me my other injects if I need them too. Which I did. I can't tell if it has started working yet. I've read for some people they felt great with in a week or the first month. I was feeling really good practicaly back to normal (just weak from an extended flare) But I started flaring again on Thursday. So we will see, my doctor projects the cimzia should start working by the end of the year. Heres hoping it does and good luck with your injections. I know they seem big and scary but just imagine if/when it does start working you only have to do it once a month and you will feel so much better Good luck
10-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
hannahni

Thanks! I did really well when I gave them to myself at the doctors. Last Thursday I gave them to myself at home and I passed out. Haha. I don't think it was a reaction to the medicine, but due to the fact of how much I hate needles. Luckily I passed out after I had finished and set the needles down. Hopefully next time goes more smoothly! I can't tell if it is working yet, I'm still on 40 mg of prednisone as well and I feel the same as I felt when I was just on pred.
10-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
spikethegoat

My Support Groups:
Thats great you were able to give them to yourself...even if you did pass out haha. I think mine has kinda started working. I have been haveing a flare since August and though I'm still not 100% better I feel better than last month. I did have a minor flare inside this big flare last week. However, I don't think it was related to the medicine I think it was because of something I shouldn't have eaten. I'm still on endcort and Asacol and have been the whole time while on the Cimzia. I'm hoping to be off both of those soon. Good luck with your future shots and I can't wait till I can give them to myself too

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » First time for cimzia