• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Story

My story began 2008 when I visited the gastro three times for bleeding hemorrhoids. I was dismissed and told to take fiber and laxatives for constipation. I started feeling ill Christmas 2008 and by new years I was in so much pain I was maxed out on Tylenol and Motrin and presented at the ER. They did a CT scan and told me I had ulcerative colitis and admitted me with a high fever. I required narcotics to manage the pain. I lost a lot of blood but escaped a transfusion.
I went on a strict anti inflammatory diet with a lot of probiotics and went into remission.

Last year I found out I had an ascending aortic anuerysm and had open heart surgery to fix it.

Two weeks ago I started to flare for the first time since initial diagnosis. I was just on Canada now I have added prednisone and lialda. I am contemplating smoking as I am a former smoker, quit 15 years ago.

Hi Rizzorm, wow sorry to hear that your surgery kicked you out of remission. That sucks! Take it from a former smoker that started back years later it is cheaper to pay for remicade out of pocket that to buy cigarettes these days. I am trying to quit again, I spend more on smokes than I do on my car note. :angry-banghead:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am sorry to hear you have been soo poorly, whilst you do have problems with the tum I hope the op went well for you and has least sorted things in this area for you? How long have you been on the new meds? Have you noticed any improvement on them yet?

There is a lot of helpful info and support here so do have a good look around.

AB
xx