• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi to all.

Hello,
My name is Finbarr. I'm 42,have Crohn's for 20 years.
I tried all the treatments and meds. Asacolon was no good and the deltacortril had very severe side affects. My Crohn's got so bad I required surgery and I now have an Ileostomy. I am still finding it hard to cope,4 years on. My consultant told me a year ago that I have systemic Crohn's. I was having flare ups every 2 weeks and my Psorisis was bad.
I went to my stoma nurse(Denise) last December and she reccomended I try the Infliximab infusions. I am now going for infusion number 8 on the 1st of October,Monday. It has been a great success so far. I have not had one flare up in 9 months(the longest ever).

I am trying to get new products and it is not easy. I'm fed up with wearing high waisted jeans to hide my pouch and the fear of leakage is a nightmare. I'd love to find a boxer short or concealment belt. I've tried the net and yes there are products in England and USA but none in Ireland. You see I dont own a credit card,never have,never will. So what now. I just want to look normal for one night,wear low cut jeans and not worry that everyone is staring. Maybe one day I'll meet the girl of my dreams,who daes not CRINGE when I happen to mention I have a bag. Oh well!!!! any suggestions.

I remain,

Finbarr.:(

Angrybird

Hello Finbarr and welcome to the forum, I am glad you have decided to join :)

I am pleased to hear that the Infliximab is doing to the trick for you! We do have a sub forum for this that is worth looking at if you like so you can have a chat with others who are on it: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58.

Withr egards to the ileostomy I have not had one of these so could not advise, we do also have a sub forum for this however so do check this out, I am sure the folks here will have some info for you: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46.

Wishing you all the best.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Finbarr and welcome! :) Thanks for joining and sharing your story. I'm so pleased to hear that the Infliximab is working well for you, that's fantastic!

I agree with Angrybird, be sure to check out our stoma subforum. The people in there have lots of great advice and experience.

All my best to you.