Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Reconfirmed diagnosis, with liver issues

09-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
nikimazur

My Support Groups:
Reconfirmed diagnosis, with liver issues

So I have strayed away from this forum, after my last video endoscopy showed no signs of crohns. My doctor said he was hesitant to call it Crohns, since i have had two colonoscopies that showed nothing, one that showed minor inflammation but that we were going to treat it as crohns. As a last ditch effort, I had a ct enterography, as my symptoms continued to persist. On the ct enterography, Crohn's of the ileum was noted, as well as severe diffuse fatty change of liver.

My doctor called to tell me of the Crohns diagnosis (only my 3rd time being diagnosed,ugh) , but said we would talk about medication and liver problems at my next appointment on Tuesday. I'm a little stressed. I hate my body for playing tricks on me. Well crohns more so. I'm just glad to see it on paper again, and know I am not crazy.

Now I am just puzzled over the liver Problem. Even with a background in health sciences, I am unsure of exactly what it means, besides the fact that livers being fatty is not so good. I just need to get till Tuesday to get more info, ugh.

Crohn's, Traumatic Brain Injury, Autoimmune Hepatitis (May 2014)

Current meds:Bactrim DS, Azathioprine, Entyvio, levbid
Past meds: Pentasa, Lialda, Prednisone, Entocort, Asacol HD, Prilosec, Lomotil, Lotronex, Nexium, Myfortic, Humira

http://lifeinthetimeofuncertainty.blogspot.com
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
motheroftwins

Location: Northern, California (In the beautiful Napa Valley)
So I have strayed away from this forum, after my last video endoscopy showed no signs of crohns. My doctor said he was hesitant to call it Crohns, since i have had two colonoscopies that showed nothing, one that showed minor inflammation but that we were going to treat it as crohns. As a last ditch effort, I had a ct enterography, as my symptoms continued to persist. On the ct enterography, Crohn's of the ileum was noted, as well as severe diffuse fatty change of liver.

My doctor called to tell me of the Crohns diagnosis (only my 3rd time being diagnosed,ugh) , but said we would talk about medication and liver problems at my next appointment on Tuesday. I'm a little stressed. I hate my body for playing tricks on me. Well crohns more so. I'm just glad to see it on paper again, and know I am not crazy.

Now I am just puzzled over the liver Problem. Even with a background in health sciences, I am unsure of exactly what it means, besides the fact that livers being fatty is not so good. I just need to get till Tuesday to get more info, ugh.
I wish you lots of luck with your doctors appointment on Tuesday. The whole waiting game has been the hardest for me. Sending good thoughts your way to find answers and the treatment that best fits your needs.
Cholestyramine
Proctofoam HC (for fissure) as needed
Dexilant 60mg

Zofran and Compazine (tummy troubles) as needed
Wellbutrin
Buspar
Trazadone
Norco as needed
Tamadol 50 mg as needed

Folic Acid
Vitamin D
B12

Surgeries
pyloric stenosis and appendix
10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Guest9283

How did your appoinment go?

I took something called tylers liver detox. It really helped my liver enzymes after coming off long TPN use (which causes liver damage). You get it online. Weird - I dont see any of your meds that could be elivating your bunn levels.... Hope its ok.
10-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
David
Co-Founder

Welcome back

I'm sorry to hear about your rediagnosis

When I hear about people with IBD who have fatty liver, the first thing that comes to mind is choline. Be sure to read up on it as most people are deficient which tells me people with IBD are at even greater risk, and deficiency can lead to fatty liver.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Reconfirmed diagnosis, with liver issues