• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Reconfirmed diagnosis, with liver issues

So I have strayed away from this forum, after my last video endoscopy showed no signs of crohns. My doctor said he was hesitant to call it Crohns, since i have had two colonoscopies that showed nothing, one that showed minor inflammation but that we were going to treat it as crohns. As a last ditch effort, I had a ct enterography, as my symptoms continued to persist. On the ct enterography, Crohn's of the ileum was noted, as well as severe diffuse fatty change of liver.

My doctor called to tell me of the Crohns diagnosis (only my 3rd time being diagnosed,ugh) , but said we would talk about medication and liver problems at my next appointment on Tuesday. I'm a little stressed. I hate my body for playing tricks on me. Well crohns more so. I'm just glad to see it on paper again, and know I am not crazy.

Now I am just puzzled over the liver Problem. Even with a background in health sciences, I am unsure of exactly what it means, besides the fact that livers being fatty is not so good. I just need to get till Tuesday to get more info, ugh.

So I have strayed away from this forum, after my last video endoscopy showed no signs of crohns. My doctor said he was hesitant to call it Crohns, since i have had two colonoscopies that showed nothing, one that showed minor inflammation but that we were going to treat it as crohns. As a last ditch effort, I had a ct enterography, as my symptoms continued to persist. On the ct enterography, Crohn's of the ileum was noted, as well as severe diffuse fatty change of liver.

My doctor called to tell me of the Crohns diagnosis (only my 3rd time being diagnosed,ugh) , but said we would talk about medication and liver problems at my next appointment on Tuesday. I'm a little stressed. I hate my body for playing tricks on me. Well crohns more so. I'm just glad to see it on paper again, and know I am not crazy.

Now I am just puzzled over the liver Problem. Even with a background in health sciences, I am unsure of exactly what it means, besides the fact that livers being fatty is not so good. I just need to get till Tuesday to get more info, ugh.
I wish you lots of luck with your doctors appointment on Tuesday. The whole waiting game has been the hardest for me. Sending good thoughts your way to find answers and the treatment that best fits your needs.

How did your appoinment go?

I took something called tylers liver detox. It really helped my liver enzymes after coming off long TPN use (which causes liver damage). You get it online. Weird - I dont see any of your meds that could be elivating your bunn levels.... Hope its ok.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome back :(

I'm sorry to hear about your rediagnosis :(

When I hear about people with IBD who have fatty liver, the first thing that comes to mind is choline. Be sure to read up on it as most people are deficient which tells me people with IBD are at even greater risk, and deficiency can lead to fatty liver.