• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone have low WBC with Crohn's.

My friend has Crohns and experiences night sweats, abdominal pain, fatigue, etc and now has a low WBC? Can it be from the Crohns or something else.? Anyone have this? They are taking an antibiotic now.
Thanks in advance!

My Grace has low WBC right now.
Plus all those symptoms you said your friend has.
If I remember correctly is could mean anemia is on the way and possible signs of infections.
Sorry it's been so long since looking at that.

Thanks Gracie's mom for your response. That was so kind of you.My heart goes out to you and Gracie. I will be sending prayers your way.
My friend also had a swollen gland about a month ago so now I'm wondering if it's something else....like another C. I'm freaking out. Do people get swollen glands with Crohn's and burning?
They also have a burning sensation below their ribs and can't eat much. Also bloated. Doctors are clueless. My friend put in a call to doctor's office and left 3 messages for nurse to call back because doctor won't. Did you hear from her because my friend didn't.Ugh! It's so frustrating:frown:

They've been on all meds including pred and had bad reactions or they did nothing. My friend can't take the immunosuppressant drugs because of a pre cursor to lymphoma already. The doctor put them on Neomycin and Prilosec for the burning. Can't seem to get an appt for needed endo/colonoscopy and this is a big hospital and doctor on crohn's colitis foundation so go figure. Maybe in January is the soonest appt???? Crazy i know. only in America...sigh. Oh i think they were on Pentasa too. Apparently they are a difficult case for a regular GI.
Funny thing is I'm going to the doctor (that recommended this big doctor to my friend) tomorrow for an endo/colonoscopy for me because I'm having issues too and Crohn's runs in my family.Meanwhile my friend's waiting and i got an appt in a couple of days so tonight is a fun night for me of cleansing:smile:
Ok it's my boyfriend and i'm freaking out what to do for him and what's wrong and why the screwy symptoms and bloodwork.
Thanks David.

Hi itsme

I had low WBC at the beginning of the year picked up after a partial blockage. This is also resulted in me having a very low iron count so from my experience can attribute this to Crohns. I had more blood tests about a month later and my WBC was normal but was still anaemic. Eventually had an iron infusion to bring it back to 'normal'. Suggest you ask for a blood test for anaemia as well?

Thanks Grant. Yes my friend has always been anemic. Also low neutrophils with other low things too. They all dropped in a matter of 2 weeks. I hope it's not a blpckage and just the Crohn's but the GI nurse called back and was concerned so ordered the two test again and the other doc wants him to see hematologist/oncologist which scares me to death.Lost my mom recently.
Grant I wish you well with this journey.